Discussion - Docker Horder | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Docker Horder

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I stopped using tataulli. It app works for what I need for a quick check. For me, it’s once less docker container running.

Reactions: 1 user

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Ironic. You've made me a docker container hoarder, my server is up to 40 containers. Lol

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Ironic. You've made me a docker container hoarder, my server is up to 40 containers. Lol
I run exactly what’s need haha. But wow 40? :D

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
I run exactly what’s need haha. But wow 40? :D
Yep. And I use at least 3/4 of them daily. I like to get the most bang for my buck from my server. Lol 😋 that said its still hovering around 20% CPU and only 40% ram used of 64GB (ex62, 9900k, host Ubuntu with pg/docker direct on host, kvm w win10/8gb/2 vcores). RAID1 for protection as I don't need the hdd space.

A bare metal pg install is an app beast! To put this in perspective I had the same 40 containers running in a VM with 12GB ram, and 8 vcores before (no windows VM embedded) without issue. But I wanted to get out of my comfort zone and force myself to a straight Linux box with no hypervisor safety net. I tend to learn best when I have nothing to fall back on. ;)

MP-JT

Citizen+
Staff
Donor
Apr 21, 2020
Yep. And I use at least 3/4 of them daily. I like to get the most bang for my buck from my server. Lol 😋 that said its still hovering around 20% CPU and only 40% ram used of 64GB (ex62, 9900k, host Ubuntu with pg/docker direct on host, kvm w win10/8gb/2 vcores). RAID1 for protection as I don't need the hdd space.

A bare metal pg install is an app beast! To put this in perspective I had the same 40 containers running in a VM with 12GB ram, and 8 vcores before (no windows VM embedded) without issue. But I wanted to get out of my comfort zone and force myself to a straight Linux box with no hypervisor safety net. I tend to learn best when I have nothing to fall back on. ;)
What are you even running? I have 20 dockers and can't think of anything else I need. I use like 5 of these containers daily

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending