Discussion - Documentation needs priority | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Documentation needs priority

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

TeoDaTank

Active
Original poster
Nov 17, 2018
First off, let me say that I love this project in concept - Seems super cool, and I look forward to seeing where it goes.

I did want to come and give my, likely, unpopular opinion. I would say that the rapid releases and continuous feature changes/code changes should be put on pause, and efforts moved into documentation until it brought up to date, especially the wiki. During my 2 week trial of the platform, I found numerous issues due to trying to hack-n-mold the X month old Wiki with the Y month old video with the Z DAY old video that somehow was already out of date.

I do love the effort that goes into this project, as I said - I donated when I first joined because the concept seemed awesome. I know by the replies/messages I got from my help threads that some people don't have issues, but I also received messages of people asking me to help them fix their issues since it's similar to mine.

I'll keep watching the updates and definitely come give it a try again once the Wiki is updated, and the installation videos are condensed. (I did see a recent one for V8, but it seems very rushed compared to the others.

Love the project, appreciate all you do - Hope for much success.

Reactions: 1 users

pYTTH

Elite
Staff
Nov 1, 2018
i have to agree with @TeoDaTank
great project, great effort from @Admin9705
but in my eyes, the releases & versioning are too rushed.
i'd like to see less frequently updates, but therefore well dokumented. maybe step by step, do fixes here and there and then release fewer less, but great feautures & documented.

the basic, the hearth is there and it works. everything else is costmetics, no need to rush.
keep it up @Admin9705
i know i or other could offer help, i'm just not doing it right now as i'm so busy at work and i can't commit for now

titooo7

Veteran
Jul 31, 2018
Yep the documentation is a bit confusing as you never know if it's really up to date or not. I basically had to learn from my own mistakes or asking for help here

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
That's been happening. Documentation has been updated slowly but held off on areas that I know have changed as incase of pgclone and box. Some rapid changes were needed. Only so much time in the day :D meanwhile some questions are insanely unique which then why the forums exist

Reactions: 1 user

pYTTH

Elite
Staff
Nov 1, 2018
don't forget to take care of Mrs Admin ;)

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending