Domain name | PlexGuide.com

Domain name

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

altoyda

Active
Original poster
Patron
Jul 18, 2020
Here is my setup:
Hetzner ---> Proxmox ---> Pfsense
IP Domain.com Hetzner addon Ip with VM MAC

Here is what going on if I go to Domain.com log into Proxmox or if I go to proxmox.domain.com go to proxmox. If I go to pfsense.domain.com it goes to proxmox.
I have cloudflare set to Hetzner IP. Have A rocord to Domain.com, Cname set to Proxmox.domain.com, Cname pfsense.domain.com.
I want to be able to do proxmox.domain.com go to there. Want to be able to go to pfsense.domain.com it will go there. If I not able to set this right when it come time to set up pgblitz it will not work. Cause I will not be able to do plex.domain.com or portainer.domain.com. That will make traefik fail.

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Here is my setup:
Hetzner ---> Proxmox ---> Pfsense
IP Domain.com Hetzner addon Ip with VM MAC

Here is what going on if I go to Domain.com log into Proxmox or if I go to proxmox.domain.com go to proxmox. If I go to pfsense.domain.com it goes to proxmox.
I have cloudflare set to Hetzner IP. Have A rocord to Domain.com, Cname set to Proxmox.domain.com, Cname pfsense.domain.com.
I want to be able to do proxmox.domain.com go to there. Want to be able to go to pfsense.domain.com it will go there. If I not able to set this right when it come time to set up pgblitz it will not work. Cause I will not be able to do plex.domain.com or portainer.domain.com. That will make traefik fail.
That's not how it works. Plexguide/traefik uses host headers, it can see the dns name being entered. It sounds like your setup now does not. Pfsense is definitely able to do host headers but you'll end up with a far more complicated setup.

The easier thing to do is to assign a public ip to proxmox and a public ip to pfsense (assuming you have more than one public ip). They can each be addressed by their respective names.

Put your plexguide box on an internal nat network. Create a nat forward rule to pass 443 tcp to plexguide and make sure to enable nat reflections otherwise pfsense will think it's a dns spoof attack. Your other option is to proxy the dns names so it uses cloudflare cdn.

Then create your cnames like plex and point them to proxmox.domain.com. if you only have one public ip, you will need to have proxmox listen on a port other than 443 and pass 443 to pfsense in proxmox, or, if possible, put proxmox on the internal pfsense network. The risk of doing it this way is if pfsense doesn't start properly when your host comes up, you have no way of reaching it to fix it other than to request kvm access from hetzner.

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Actually take a look at this thread

altoyda

Active
Original poster
Patron
Jul 18, 2020
Hetzner and Proxmox: pfSense as Gateway
Virtualizing pfSense with Proxmox

Hetzner & Proxmox: Network Configuration
Do a search in his site he have good info on it, but like I was told with friend is a Network guy the ? he ask me was who or what is watching your main server?
Post automatically merged:

OPNsense® FEATURES Free & Open source - Everything essential to protect your network and more
Post automatically merged:

Things I ran into

Proxmox, pfsense, and Hetzner network setup Help
Post I made here no one is helping on Link
I would love to do this but not able to get net right and it not going to right domain is big deal killer that why thinking something like Heimdall or Organizr to work with but can not get around traefik. One thing I ran across was this that gp is base on or it is base on www.smarthomebeginner.com. Big thing I am running to is I am doing leg work but not finding that little push to get going little more. A lot people think you just want them to do work for you. For me it's all about getting that next idea or how can i make it better

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending