Discussion - Entire Server Freezes - Not even sure where to start. | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Entire Server Freezes - Not even sure where to start.

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

d3vilsown

Citizen+
Original poster
Patron
Nov 27, 2019
Hey guys, i'm having a similar problem, my server (who works flawless besides of that) freezes like two times a day. it'
s a hetzner ex62-nvme with both nvme ssds setup as raid-0. i'm running ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS and the only thing i've installed is pgblitz 8.7.5 with pgmove unencrypted - i'm having this issue since like a week or so, before that the server was always up for days and didn't freeze at all. i can't even access over ssh when it happens, the only thing that fixes the problem temporarily is to do an automatic hw-reset over the hetzner robot webinterface. how can i obtain logs that can help identify the problem, if i'd have to guess it has to so something with the hetzner igpu enable feature integrated in pgblitz, i somehow got the feeling that something failed there because the problem started to occur afterwards, but of course i don't know for sure. thanks in advance, Andreas!

Last edited:

houseofpaul

Citizen+
Jan 12, 2019
Hey guys, i'm having a similar problem, my server (who works flawless besides of that) freezes like two times a day. it'
s a hetzner ex62-nvme with both nvme ssds setup as raid-0. i'm running ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS and the only thing i've installed is pgblitz 8.7.5 with pgmove unencrypted - i'm having this issue since like a week or so, before that the server was always up for days and didn't freeze at all. i can't even access over ssh when it happens, the only thing that fixes the problem temporarily is to do an automatic hw-reset over the hetzner robot webinterface. how can i obtain logs that can help identify the problem, if i'd have to guess it has to so something with the hetzner igpu enable feature integrated in pgblitz, i somehow got the feeling that something failed there because the problem started to occur afterwards, but of course i don't know for sure. thanks in advance, Andreas!
This is exactly what happened with my hetzner server. Unfortunately I can't point you in the direction of a fix because it went away by itself.

What data center is your server in?

Reactions: 1 user

d3vilsown

Citizen+
Original poster
Patron
Nov 27, 2019
This is exactly what happened with my hetzner server. Unfortunately I can't point you in the direction of a fix because it went away by itself.

What data center is your server in?
FSN1 / Falkenstein Germany / thanks for your reply, maybe i‘ll start from scratch

mtan93

Citizen
Jul 29, 2018
FSN1 / Falkenstein Germany / thanks for your reply, maybe i‘ll start from scratch
Our server is experiencing the same issues in HEL DC.

Post automatically merged:

Have you seen this?

Last edited:

d3vilsown

Citizen+
Original poster
Patron
Nov 27, 2019
Our server is experiencing the same issues in HEL DC.

Have you seen this?
I've requested a complete HW Replacement, we will see how it turns out - i'll keep you posted!

mtan93

Citizen
Jul 29, 2018
I've requested a complete HW Replacement, we will see how it turns out - i'll keep you posted!
The above fix, from the proxmox forum, (you can find the exact code on my thread from the same day as yours) appears to have solved our issue.

d3vilsown

Citizen+
Original poster
Patron
Nov 27, 2019
The above fix, from the proxmox forum, (you can find the exact code on my thread from the same day as yours) appears to have solved our issue.
Thanks, i‘ve done both - complete hw swap as well as upgrading to kernel 5.3 - so far everything seems to be stable, but i‘ll give another update after a few days...

Update after a week...

system:

Distro.......: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

Kernel.......: Linux 5.3.0-61-generic

Uptime.......: up 1 week, 4 hours, 43 minutes

Thanks, seems to have solved the issues...

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending