Discussion - erase keys when changing to encryption | PlexGuide.com

Discussion erase keys when changing to encryption

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

macfreaker

Veteran
Original poster
Jul 16, 2018
I have a GCE and want to update to the latest pg version with encryption.
Do I have to delete my current keys(20) in the google project?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
no, not at all. just see if you can back them up and try the restore option. make sure u redo the tdrive and gdrive reauthentication; it's what correctly adds tcrypt and gcrypt

Reactions: 1 user

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
Is it possible to combine encrypted and unencrypted data?

macfreaker

Veteran
Original poster
Jul 16, 2018
What about must I do when I see "Warning! TeamDrive is blank! Must be set prior"
I see this in the rclone configuration.

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
What about must I do when I see "Warning! TeamDrive is blank! Must be set prior"
I see this in the rclone configuration.
ignore the configuration, you must set it in the program, just select teamdrive. it's building it's own rclone.conf

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Is it possible to combine encrypted and unencrypted data?
yes, when you deploy the unencrypted edition, it will merge gdrive, gcrypt, tcrypt, and tdrive; be warned to move your data back to unencrypted, you have to download from encrypted and reupload to encrypted.

mackattack57

Experienced
Apr 14, 2019
yes, when you deploy the unencrypted edition, it will merge gdrive, gcrypt, tcrypt, and tdrive; be warned to move your data back to unencrypted, you have to download from encrypted and reupload to encrypted.
what is the best way to download encrypted data for use in unencrypted deployment? I figured out much of my headache has been caused by encryption and trying not to reinvent the wheel

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending