Discussion - Error Installing Further Apps | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Error Installing Further Apps

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Chall

Citizen+
Original poster
Apr 2, 2018
Hi
I already have a number of PGBlitz applications installed. However when I try and install more now I get the following error after deploying:-

fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Failed to import docker or docker-py - cannot import name __version__. Try `pip install docker` or `pip install docker-py` (Python 2.6)"}

Can anyone help with this, searching on google finds solutions regarding un-installing docker with pip and
pip install --ignore-installed docker-py

but I don't want to do this with PBlitz incase it messes up my setup.

Cheers

M

MrDoob

sudo apt-get update -y && sudo apt-get upgrade -y && sudo apt-get autoremove -y

try this before and then

pgupdate ;-)

and try to deploy the app again

Chall

Citizen+
Original poster
Apr 2, 2018
upgraded to 8.6.5 but I'm getting the same error when trying to deploy new containers :(

M

MrDoob

there must be some fails on your side ..

did you update pip also ??

pip install --upgrade pip

Chall

Citizen+
Original poster
Apr 2, 2018
Yeh it's up to date
Requirement already up-to-date: pip in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (19.1.1)

Chall

Citizen+
Original poster
Apr 2, 2018
attempting a complete factory reset: and same error. guess a backup of my apps and a system reinstall it is

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
if your getting docker errors including pip, it's the box. i tell people test via https://hetzner.cloud - if it works there, then it's the box.

Chall

Citizen+
Original poster
Apr 2, 2018
I've reinstalled the box & Ubuntu, restored from backup and all's good. Not sure what caused it, but I won;t be installing anything other than pg stuff now :)

Thanks for your hard work with this awesome tool.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending