Discussion - Error with traefik, acme failing although when deploying it passes (but i want to disable the proxy on cloudflare but then get a cert error) | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Error with traefik, acme failing although when deploying it passes (but i want to disable the proxy on cloudflare but then get a cert error)

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

ZyFinity

Active
Original poster
Nov 22, 2019
Hello, I'm trying to use my domain and deploy traefik, the issue i am having is that when i turn of the proxy for cloudflare it says there is a certificate error and the only cert being shown by chrome is "traefik default cert" which isn't verified by chrome.
Now as this exact same setup worked with my previous server i decided to investigate and it seems in the traefik logs i get this

Code:
time="2020-05-13T05:35:18-04:00" level=error msg="Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains \"mydomain.tk\" : unable to generate a certificate for the domains [mydomain.tk]: acme: Error -> One or more domains had a problem:\n[mydomain.tk] [mydomain.tk] acme: error presenting token: cloudflare: failed to create TXT record: error from makeRequest: HTTP status 401: invalid credentials\n"

time="2020-05-13T05:35:18-04:00" level=error msg="Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains \"*.mydomain.tk\" : unable to generate a certificate for the domains [*.mydomain.tk]: acme: Error -> One or more domains had a problem:\n[*.mydomain.tk] [*.mydomain.tk] acme: error presenting token: cloudflare: failed to create TXT record: error from makeRequest: HTTP status 401: invalid credentials\n"

2020/05/13 05:35:26 reverseproxy.go:445: httputil: ReverseProxy read error during body copy: unexpected EOF

This made me believe that my cloudflare api or email were incorrect but i triple checked them and they are correct so i wonder why it's giving the "invalid credentials" error.
So has anyone experienced this before or know where i am going wrong? it seems when deploying traefik no txt records are generated on the Cloudflares page which is what i saw in my last server installation so any pointers would help, thanks!
Post automatically merged:

UPDATE: I have tried on another server that was previously working with another domain and that to can't seem to create the acme records therefore not generating the lets encrypt cert, i also tried using a different domain on the original server and the same issue, what this tells me is that there isn't an issue with my specific installation of plexguide and that the issue is either cloudflare (even though they don't currently have any reported issues) or an update in there API or something that needs traefik in plexguide to be updated or something?

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending