First time installing PG | PlexGuide.com

First time installing PG

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Sheryars

Active
Original poster
Feb 5, 2019
The exact steps from the beginning. I follow the steps on install plex guide and then run sudo plexguide

i am running it as sudo

1) PG asks me for the version, i select v8.3base
2) PG asked me for PG clone then data transport i selected Local HD
3) PG then took me to main screen where i selected 4 PG Box and then core, typed in deploy as it asked me to and got the error

trying to run core

Swipular

Citizen+
Dec 20, 2018
Before typing deploy, which apps are you selecting?

I think you are not selecting any apps to deploy. If I select none I get the same error:

Code:
? Quitting? TYPE > exit | ? Ready to Install? TYPE > deploy
? Type APP for QUEUE | Press [ENTER]: deploy
/opt/plexguide/menu/pgbox/pgboxcore.sh: line 197: [: : integer expression expect     ed

Reactions: 1 user

Sheryars

Active
Original poster
Feb 5, 2019
:)

that was the mistake, i was not selecting the apps. I assumed all the apps mentioned would get installed.

thank you so much for helping me out.

Reactions: 1 user

Swipular

Citizen+
Dec 20, 2018
Just sent my first pull request based on this.

It's a very small change but maybe it will help others to avoid this.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I'll set up a null entry. Normally I do lol

nickel01

Citizen+
Feb 6, 2019
Thanks for creating PG. I'm a linux newbie so I apologize in advance if my questions are basic. I have been running a plex server on FreeBSD in a jail of my FreeNAS instance but I decided it was time to pursue alternatives because the cost of replacing my aging server is going to be more than I want to spend.

Not sure if attaching to this thread is appropriate but I am having new install issues. I started testing inside of a clean vm image of ubuntu 16.04. The initial install goes fine - no errors.

I'm following the instructions in the guide video and when I first launch plexguide I start to see differences:
- the icons for "stable" "beta", etc. are just ascii characters (filled-in diamond) --> makes me wonder if I'm missing resources?
- the initial question asks about the version, just like the video - I choose 8.3.16 (video was 8.3.5)
- the second question in the video asks about PG Edition Selector (GSuite, Solo HD, Multi HD) but my next question in the install process does not mention the PG Edition. It is Type Server ID (which I make up) .. then on to PG Watchtower Edition, etc.

Did the install process change? I haven't gotten through the full install script successfully. I was going to go back to a clean snapshot and try installing version 8.3.5 to see if it lines up with the video.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
ignore the edition, i recently remove them. i'll have to create new videos and update the wiki.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending