Fixing "unmerged" movies/titles

mikey

Original poster
Local time
12:45 AM
Jun 2, 2019
Ive noticed that after adding another dir to my library, for example, I used to have /movies/ and now added /movies720p/ after plex rescanning the dir, it creates lots of duplicated titles, rather than merging them and allowing me to chose which version I want to play.

Is there a way to fix this (merge those titles), without removing the db and rescanning the whole thing from start?

Edrock200

Local time
6:45 PM
Nov 17, 2019
You can filter by duplicates and chose to join them in Plex I believe
Post automatically merged:

disregard, I gave you bad advice, my bad. I realized the "Duplicates" filter only works if they are merged already. Doh!

I believe you are getting duplicates because your previous scan used a different agent for matching than your new folder for some reason. Did you change from Plex Movie to TMDB for example? Make sure your agents are the same. Once you ensure you are using the same agent, if that was the issue, a "refresh all metadata" on the library *might* merge them but not sure. Otherwise, you can open a duplicate item, click unmatch, then click fix match, and see if that brings them back together.

Some additional good info here:
Post automatically merged:

Also, I'm not sure if plex will merge two identical movies if one has local media assets, like external subtitles. It very well might but that may also play a factor.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Datamonkeh PG Clone & RClone 5

Maintenance Donations

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending