G Suite Unlimited Data Ending? | PlexGuide.com

G Suite Unlimited Data Ending?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
Jan 7, 2019
I run a small server for me and my family 42 tb I have the 8£ gsuit what would be the best one for me to move too to keep unlimited ? Thanks

crustyakorn

Experienced
Aug 30, 2018
I sincerely hope that's the case but I think people should plan for the worst. At the very least start cloning my drive content to a team drive if you store in mydrive. Not trying to be a pessimist by any means, but don't want to see people lose their data. Especially for those that use their gdrives to store/encrypt personal items such as photos or documents.

The good news is, it seems if they do enforce you will most likely have an opp to grab the content. I had a friend of a friend get their account banned due to TOS sharing violations and he submitted a ticket to get a copy of his data. It won't be available for 2 weeks or so but at least he will be able to download it.

Point being, "commercial" media, imo, is replaceable, but if you store things that cannot be easily replaced, I'd recommend backing them up to another source.
Agreed! And I'm being a positive optimist by nature. I only use the drive for (99,6 %) commercial Plex media encrypted. It would be a huge bummer to lose it - but not anything important in that regards.

Hoping this won't mess anything up... then again. Time will tell. :unsure:

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Most of my stuff is on TDrive, however app backups are on GDrive.
When looking at the PGVault setup, it only allows me to change the processing location (which is local at /opt/appdata/plexguide)
Is there a way to change the backup location to the TDrive?
Two fairly easy ways without modifying the underlying code:
Make a plexguide dir on the root drive on your tdrive
set a cronjob on a daily or weekly schedule like:
Code:
rclone copy gdrive:plexguide tdrive:plexguide --config /opt/appdata/plexguide/rclone.conf --drive-server-side-across-configs=true
If you try this from bash first, add sudo in front of the line.

Or, upgrade rclone (note if you open the pg clone menu, it will downgrade and you will need to re upgrade each time)
Code:
sudo curl https://rclone.org/install.sh | sudo bash
Then drag your plexguide folder from gdrive to your tdrive via the drive web interface. Once moved, on the tdrive plexguide folder, right click it and select create shortcut. make the shortut on the root of your gdrive.
The first method will maintain a copy of both gdrive and tdrive. The second method will only be on tdrive.
For both of these methods your gsuite account needs rights to your team drive.

DavidWebb

Citizen
Aug 4, 2018
I use this https://github.com/88lex/sa-guide

It's easier if you create two team drives, drag your mydrive content to a TeamDrive, and clone from one td to another, then drag one copy back into team drive. If your using unionfs paths, it's easiest to create the TD's, then redeploy pg clone with the team drive option, then move your content to the td. That way plex/emby/etc wont see a difference since pg will merge the TD and mydrive into unionfs.
Thank you for this.

For clarification: the reason for copying between 2 TDs is because the only way to copy is server side, and using TDs with service accounts is the only way to get past 750GB /day correct?

Any reason not to just move it all to TD, redeploy pg clone and call it good? Whats the benefit of having another copy on My Drive?

Reactions: 1 user

zomboassasin

Active
FreeLancer
Jan 2, 2019
F in chat boys

I had already decided to turn off my server at the end of the year for personal reasons anyway, but I was hoping to keep the drive account alive :(

nbnbro

Citizen
Feb 10, 2020
May be time for me to migrate back to spin disks , would love some info/guide on migrating to local storage from gsuite if anyone has one.

fliegarzazsky

Citizen
Aug 26, 2019
Just so that I get this clear enough if I just do the upgrade to "Google Workspace Enterprise Edition" from "G Suite Business" the pgblitz will still work as it is and I would be just paying them extra yet having unlimited storage?

In the settings it says Tdrive | Tcrypt active so I am using the team drives will that make any difference?
I am okay to pay more coz I have like 22 TB worth data over there, I have a local backup but do not want to mess with it + its a hassle to upload again else where.

Opendrive seems a good option as per pricing, however I have no idea how to set it up so that I can have crypt and work similar to pgblitz.

Attachments

maxerism

Citizen
Oct 18, 2020
Just so that I get this clear enough if I just do the upgrade to "Google Workspace Enterprise Edition" from "G Suite Business" the pgblitz will still work as it is and I would be just paying them extra yet having unlimited storage?

In the settings it says Tdrive | Tcrypt active so I am using the team drives will that make any difference?
I am okay to pay more coz I have like 22 TB worth data over there, I have a local backup but do not want to mess with it + its a hassle to upload again else where.

Opendrive seems a good option as per pricing, however I have no idea how to set it up so that I can have crypt and work similar to pgblitz.
Opendrive have policy to throttle your upload speed once quota reached. not good for data hoarder and they should clarify this to customers before buying it. read this:
Source
For all custom plans there is no limit on upload speeds, and all upload bandwidth is included in the plan for free. For unlimited plans, there is no limit on upload speeds until you approach storage amounts that exceed that of a typical home or business user, depending which plan you have. This limit is not a fixed number, but is an average that increases over time, based on the changing norms as media, storage and content all continue to increase in size and amount due to cultural adaptation. As of the time of writing of this blog, these numbers are approximately 10TB for personal and 20TB for business unlimited plans. As previously mentioned, this more than accommodates 99.9% of users.

hubbabear

Citizen
Oct 7, 2020
And what about the google drive part any1 has an idea if just upgrading works?
jury is still out on that...

Couple of people upgraded already; haven't noticed any difference for now. Forums, reddit, I haven't read anything indicating that storage limit is already being enforced by Google. I could be wrong though.

In the end, I guess, it all boils down to whether or not Google is actually gonna enforce these limits. They haven't with G Suite.

Maybe there's sb. who can acutaly speak from experience, hence a Workspace customer with lots of data... :unsure: :)

fliegarzazsky

Citizen
Aug 26, 2019
I have not yet received a date from google when they will be terminating the current service, I am gonna roll till that day, upgrade and see if I face any issues for few months then decide weather I wanna continue or not. I want to make sure that I get what I want for the amount that I am paying extra.

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
May be time for me to migrate back to spin disks , would love some info/guide on migrating to local storage from gsuite if anyone has one.
Nothing much special needed for this. With a 1GB NIC at with 20TB/day limit, you can litterally just do an rclone copy. You could even copy direct from the mount but that's not as efficient. e.g.:

Code:
sudo rclone copy -tdrive:path/to/media /path/to/local/disk -config /opt/appdata/plexguide/rclone.conf --fast-list --use-mmap --drive-chunk-size=256M -P

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
All the speculation of what may happen is exactly that, speculation. Until Google clarify then it's basically as you were and no point in getting bent out of shape about what may or may not happen/be enforced.

under_sky1

Citizen
Jun 25, 2018
From the looks of it the normal business plan still seems to offer unlimited, as i dont seem to have a cap on mine, check on the Drive app IOS version. It shows you have unlimited space

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Cheers @Edrock200 , started using rsync , find + xargs to multithread rsync which looks to be working ok for now.
If you do direct mount copy I recommend upping your rclone VFS chunk size to 256M or higher and VFS chunk size limit to 4096M or higher to limit api hits, although I doubt you'll hit the API limits.

With rclone syncs you can break it into smaller chunks if you prefer and you can use sync vs copy. Would also recommend adding --size-only so it's not replacing files just because the modify date is different. So the command posted above plus:
Code:
--include "[A-G]**/**" --size-only
would sync every folder starting with letters A through G. This won't delete items outside of this range at your destination.

But if rsync is working for you, that works too. I've found with the VFS full partial chunk caching in the new rclone, direct mount copies are almost as efficient as command rclone cli copy/sync's. The nice thing about the rclone cli copy/sync is you can tack on --bwlimit=##M where ## is a megabytes value (note, 40M = ~400megabits). This will allow you to keep bandwidth available for streaming and other tasks.

UncleBuck

Governer
Staff
Dec 21, 2018
From the looks of it the normal business plan still seems to offer unlimited, as i dont seem to have a cap on mine, check on the Drive app IOS version. It shows you have unlimited space
So you already switched to a workspace plan? If so which plan did you switch to?

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending