GCE activation phone number limit

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

fishtek

Original poster
Local time
3:27 AM
Feb 8, 2019
Hey guys,

Setting up an new google account because my current one has run out of the free credits, however when I went to create it, I got to the step to punch in my phone number to activate and received the error that the phone number has been used to many times.

According to this thread: https://support.google.com/accounts/thread/3334328?hl=en it can only be used for 10 google accounts forever. How is everyone else handling this issue to keep on using the free google credits?

fishtek

Original poster
Local time
Feb 8, 2019
So I'm in the states actually and whenever I sign up for a google account, the first page is pick a username and password and after that it asks for a phone number to "activate" the account. Perhaps I'm totally doing something wrong? Or maybe I should try signing up by VPN'ing to another country first.

Reactions: Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Local time
4:27 AM
Jan 17, 2018
really, i just never had to pick a phone number to active it. heck, i create some with a free google account and same debit card. I rotate the cards around each time though.

fishtek

Original poster
Local time
Feb 8, 2019
hmm so here is what I've been trying:
  • https://cloud.google.com/ and then at the very bottom it says 'Google Cloud Platform' -> "Get started for free", click that.
  • new page opens where it asks me to "sign in" to my account, but at the bottom it has in blue "create account",
  • I click "create account" and it prompts for myself or business, I choose "for myself"
  • the form changes to first / last name, email address and password. If I want, it lets me create an email address or use an existing one.
  • I've tried both creating and using an existing (non google email), however in both cases, when I click to the next page it prompts to "Verify your phone number"... as shown in the attached screenshot.
Anybody else running into this? Or is google just picking on me! ;)

Attachments

sempermma

Noob
Local time
6:27 PM
Aug 19, 2019
Can confirm the same challenge. Manually removing your phone number and deleting old accounts does not remove the limit of accounts associated with your phone number.

itsgoingdown

Local time
2:57 PM
Apr 8, 2018
hmm so here is what I've been trying:
  • https://cloud.google.com/ and then at the very bottom it says 'Google Cloud Platform' -> "Get started for free", click that.
  • new page opens where it asks me to "sign in" to my account, but at the bottom it has in blue "create account",
  • I click "create account" and it prompts for myself or business, I choose "for myself"
  • the form changes to first / last name, email address and password. If I want, it lets me create an email address or use an existing one.
  • I've tried both creating and using an existing (non google email), however in both cases, when I click to the next page it prompts to "Verify your phone number"... as shown in the attached screenshot.
Anybody else running into this? Or is google just picking on me! ;)
I think you can get pass that phone number thingy if you make an account on android.

Reactions: fishtek

KingyBear1

Local time
5:27 PM
Feb 26, 2019
I had an issue once of Google Cloud wanting ID, it was after I made a second account with too similar details I think. So I have been making the accounts in Gmail 1st using personal details from a fake name generator. Once the account is set up in Gmail then go into google cloud and start the trial.

Spoonsy1480

Legendary Member
Local time
9:27 AM
Feb 23, 2018
I had an issue once of Google Cloud wanting ID, it was after I made a second account with too similar details I think. So I have been making the accounts in Gmail 1st using personal details from a fake name generator. Once the account is set up in Gmail then go into google cloud and start the trial.
How do you get round this with billing, I just tried setting up a new account and it wanted photo Id before I could use that card.
The other issue I have is it keeps adding to my google accounts

KingyBear1

Local time
5:27 PM
Feb 26, 2019
How do you get round this with billing, I just tried setting up a new account and it wanted photo Id before I could use that card.
The other issue I have is it keeps adding to my google accounts
I haven't been asked for ID again. I make sure I use incognito mode and only log into one gmail at a time.

itsgoingdown

Local time
2:57 PM
Apr 8, 2018
In my experience they went really hard on Ids recently, plus you gotta give them a phone number to get around giving a photo ID in the first place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.