GCE and NVMe disk? | PlexGuide.com

GCE and NVMe disk?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I was finding the upload to tdrive was slower than the download so ended up running out of space.
what you need to do is assign a handicap, leave about 25gigs left; and then have a reschedule kick in every 30 minutes. that's what i do.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
great thanks - is this the most recent guide to follow?
yup, haven't changed much. but u know i'm always rapidly developing. but the wiki is starting to catch up, make videos with and new lines of code have reference of how to get to wiki. after app deployment, app guard, port guard 2.0; then last is a streamline gce. also that version will upload your keys to your google drive so you can use them again. this version deletes all your prior keys and makes new ones and you have to share out your email again for those keys

theboywonder

Active
Apr 30, 2018
yup, haven't changed much. but u know i'm always rapidly developing. but the wiki is starting to catch up, make videos with and new lines of code have reference of how to get to wiki. after app deployment, app guard, port guard 2.0; then last is a streamline gce. also that version will upload your keys to your google drive so you can use them again. this version deletes all your prior keys and makes new ones and you have to share out your email again for those keys
I have a working PG install locally, using PG Blitz. If I run the Automated GCE install from that PG install, will it just create the GC and leave the local install as is currently is? Or am I better off deploying a vanilla Ubuntu server for the GCE Automated install?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I have a working PG install locally, using PG Blitz. If I run the Automated GCE install from that PG install, will it just create the GC and leave the local install as is currently is? Or am I better off deploying a vanilla Ubuntu server for the GCE Automated install?
Yes, will leave as is.

theboywonder

Active
Apr 30, 2018
the choke point is usually the # of processors you have assigned and how much content you have downloading. if credits weren't an issue, i would mount a second nvme, but that will kill the credits from 2.5-3 months to like 1, maybe 1.5
Do you go for 2 or 4 CPU?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018

rcarteraz

Veteran
Donor
Nov 14, 2018
the choke point is usually the # of processors you have assigned and how much content you have downloading. if credits weren't an issue, i would mount a second nvme, but that will kill the credits from 2.5-3 months to like 1, maybe 1.5
Is that time based on having 2 vcpus? I have 4 and the credits are going at rate that would deplete them in about 1 month.

Porkie

Experienced+
Staff
Aug 9, 2018
Yeah 4 wrecks the credits, but I guess it works the same overall. Get content faster in less time or go slower for a longer time.

Reactions: 1 user

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending