gce feeder confused scratching head noob! | PlexGuide.com

gce feeder confused scratching head noob!

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

phatz

Active
Original poster
FreeLancer
Sep 21, 2018
Hi,

Currently am running plexguide on my current freenas system on an Ubuntu VM. Currently got PGBlitz upping to my gsuite Team Drive, have not deployed anything else until this is complete. All good.

Am confused how GCE feeder will help me or have I got it wrong? I mean is it better than PGBlitz in relation to upping my content to Team Drive? I use nzb. Is it that you deploy sab,Sonarr,Radarr etc on the GCE feeder and use this to squirt directly to the team drive?

Should I use GCE Feeder and not PGBLitz? Really scratching my head on this? Have set GCE Feeder up through the automated menus which is fantastic but just dont understand the next bit or should I say the benefit?

Just not getting it:unsure::cry:

Cheers

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
It's a free server with a gig connection that will stuff your drive due to how fast it is; which is why it's called a feeder. if you have a slow vps or home connection, good way to have your library build.

phatz

Active
Original poster
FreeLancer
Sep 21, 2018
It's a free server with a gig connection that will stuff your drive due to how fast it is; which is why it's called a feeder. if you have a slow vps or home connection, good way to have your library build.
ok coolio, so this is the bit I am missing in my numpty head!

So .......I just set up PGBlitz on the Google VM which I then mount my local home drive on to and do the same process with the move options in the plexguide menu?

or you mean as its a gig connection it will move new downloads that the nzb deployment finds on the Google VM faster to the teamdrive as its all in the cloud?

Thnks

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
All good. We are all noobs here :D

pb1051

Experienced
Nov 6, 2018
ok coolio, so this is the bit I am missing in my numpty head!

So .......I just set up PGBlitz on the Google VM which I then mount my local home drive on to and do the same process with the move options in the plexguide menu?

or you mean as its a gig connection it will move new downloads that the nzb deployment finds on the Google VM faster to the teamdrive as its all in the cloud?

Thnks
How did you load your local home drive to your VM?

phatz

Active
Original poster
FreeLancer
Sep 21, 2018
As I understand the GCE is basically a vm deployed on the Google cloud that allows you to install plexguide on to and then run say for example Sonarr or Radaar, Sab etc. You can then run these from the vm to get tvshows movies etc with a faster throughput utilising the speed of the vm on the cloud itself. However this will run for free until your free google $ have expired. There are plenty of threads on this. When using the GCE VM you need to ensure you deploy pgblitz pgmove in order for it to point at your gsuite team drive and deployt he necessary move unionfs gdrive teamdrive folders.

So while your uploading your local media files you can use the GCE to feed new content etc to the teamdrive in the mean time. Thats what I understand anyway.

At the moment for uploading my media to the teamdrive. I have my local NAS media folder mounted on to a local ubuntu vm.
I have deployed plexguide and pgblitz, obviously after going through the prereqs on the install wiki on this site.
From this point I have then mounted the local NA mount folder in to my move folder making sure to create my relevant subdirs first.

For Example create /mnt/move/tv
For Example create /mnt/move/tv

Then mount your tv folder that contains your tv shows for example /mnt/mounty/tvshows/ to /mnt/move/tv

sudo mnt --bind /mnt/mounty/tvshows /mnt/move/tv

When this has been done you can run pglog to see whats going on for me this then starts to upload my files to the teamdrive. There is another command to use which is in another thread somewhere where the admin has provided but this method works fine for me.

I am a noob to all of this so this as complex as I can get. If I am wrong hopefully someone can correct me and add further info.

Hope it helps.

Btw my media is still uploading and have uploaded aprox 6tb so far., taken about 3 weeks. I am i n no rush so letting it plod on. Once done then will deploy all other apps I need frm the plexguide containers and plex itself.

Cheers

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Actually dead on

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Think of it as free vm that uploads for 3 months at 1gig speeds.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Armin

Experienced
Staff
Mar 28, 2018
I mean in the actual Google Drive Team Drive. We have to create a folder here to share with the service accounts, but I'm not sure if the name of this folder affects the rclone/PGBlitz or not.
before you deploy blitz you have to mount your gdrive and tdrive with rclone so any folder on these 2 going to be mount and find in unionfs folder
so u can choose any name for your folders and doesn't effect anything

Reactions: 1 users

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
ya i'm relinking the wiki. i'm also making an update where you can launch hetzner cloud from pg also.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!