Gdrive storage in Nextcloud | PlexGuide.com

Gdrive storage in Nextcloud

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

ndb055

Citizen
Original poster
Donor
Jan 27, 2019
Hey Guys,

Is there a way to use my Gdrive as external storage in Nextcloud?
I know its not officially supported but any of you know if there is a workaround or something?
Any help is welcome here.

Tnx!

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 user

Freiner

Citizen
May 18, 2018
There is an app for that in the official nextcloud app store and about a year ago and even worked flawlessly. Since then it got abandoned and after a nexctcloud update stopped working for me. I'm not giving up hope, though, and take a look a the app every other month and today I saw that someone must have worked on it just recently. Maybe if you are lucky the app is already working again or maybe it will in the next days. Either way if you want to try it this is the relevant link:

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
this is something i can look at working PG 8.8 (which is going through each wiki) but this will take awhile to get to that edition.

Reactions: 2 users

Freiner

Citizen
May 18, 2018
Hard Disk capacity is always in short supply on rented servers. A working GDrive would upgrade the nextcloud from "can barely save anything" to "enough storage for a small town". In other words: If you could implement this it would be really awesome!

Reactions: 1 users

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
the problem is nextcloud creates a folder base on the user created; so what i can do is work where the username is pgblitz (if it's not, it goes to the local drive)

Freiner

Citizen
May 18, 2018
I'm sadly not knowledgable enough (yet) to offer any meaningful input on this or be of any help. I'm sure, though, that if you solve this in the PGBlitz way you will gain quite a few new users for this feature alone.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
oh i understand. spent all day working on the forum haha :D

foolio

Experienced
Jan 10, 2019
so I am not a gdrive user and unsure exactly how this would work in terms of pgblitz but I assume you could do something with a rclone mount as external storage in nextcloud possibly - quick google produced this link: https://rclone.org/webdav/

Nightshade

Citizen+
Mar 16, 2019
I'm sadly not knowledgable enough (yet) to offer any meaningful input on this or be of any help. I'm sure, though, that if you solve this in the PGBlitz way you will gain quite a few new users for this feature alone.
Agreed, a properly optimized nextcloud with truly unlimited storage would be very attractive.
I use NC as a replacement for other calendar and contacts syncing solutions, as well as for automated photo backups.

I'm going to try to figure out optimized rclone and VFS settings for Nextcloud but I don't think I'd be able to make a useful PR at the moment.

mtan93

Citizen
Jul 29, 2018
I've tried this with the NC docker and pointing my /mnt/unionfs to external storage and it just doesn't play nicely. I would love to find a solution for this to work as it would make my storage constrains for my home NAS go away...

denzel

Experienced
Donor
Nov 5, 2018
@mtan93 What is not playing nicely? Is it slow or you have bugs?
I also would like to have a solution for that ;-)

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
it doesn't work well and attempted in the past.

dan3805fly

Active
Donor
Patron
Mar 14, 2018
now i have test this command :

sudo docker exec -u abc nextcloud /config/www/nextcloud/occ files:scan --all

this command work but it is very slow , it's a good start for future cron job !

+---------+-------+--------------+

| Folders | Files | Elapsed time |

| 8812 | 40385 | 00:31:31 |

Elisacat

Citizen
Jan 7, 2020
Couple of points to address:
1) the Google Drive plugin on the nextcloud app store does work. I've used it just last week. You just have to know how to configure the APIs in Google console and follow the instructions correctly

2) yes if you have an RClone drive you can see it in Nextcloud. You just need to make sure you've mounted your RClone beforehand.

However......not worth it. It's like trying to use a supermarket trolly as your daily car. Nextcloud has soooo much potential but it a mess at the moment. For starters nextcloud has crappy indexing which you'll notice when dealing with big folders (items don't show up even though they are confirmed to be in the folder) plus transferring files to a mounted drive is a hit and miss with some transfers being successful and others failing for no reason. It's a headache

I would recommend installing RClone Browser. Does just what I need to transfer between Google and server

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending