Discussion - Gigantic Overlay2/Docker map | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Gigantic Overlay2/Docker map

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

marksdasd

Citizen
Original poster
Jun 23, 2018
Hi!

My free disk space has been slowly getting smaller and smaller. This is not due to the Plex library. My knowledge is somewhat limited, but I saw that the overlay2 map under /var/lib/docker/ has been growing, and is now about 71gb (see screenshot).

Is this normal behaviour? Can I do anything do stop this, or perhaps delete something?

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

marksdasd

Citizen
Original poster
Jun 23, 2018
Anyone have any clue? If I need to add extra information and/or screenshots, please let me know.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Ya no idea. Not that versed in docker :D

Chrisputer

Experienced
May 25, 2018
Got the same issue. I switched over to NZBGet and my Overlay2 volume has consumed most of my boot drive now. Not sure why it is doing this.
1540044465852.png

Armin

Veteran
Staff
Mar 28, 2018
I did have the same issue before and cause by nzbget, now every now and then I delete
incomplete and log and nzb folder
using ncdu tools
apt-get install ncdu

Attachments

Chrisputer

Experienced
May 25, 2018
Well... check this out

1540045676837.png
Now both "merged" and "Diff" are exactly the same

1540045725830.png

I always thought that something REALLY goofy is going on with Radarr.

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

I think I'll be switching over to Couch Potato for the time being... Wow... Never thought it would ever come to that.

Please check here for the fix.

I'm not sure why but some of the movies are getting put into the /opt folder
https://plexguide.com/threads/docker-radarr-disk-space-usage.1140

View attachment 2029

ROOT CAUSE!

Using IP Addresses in Ombi. When the container gets rebuild, it can get a different IP Address and then weird s*hit happens.
Problem is that Ombi has a lot of issues talking once it is setup. Constant spinning circle of death.

Keep reading... root cause below.

Last edited:

marksdasd

Citizen
Original poster
Jun 23, 2018
Thanks for all the replies. Now I am not sure if this is Radarr's fault or Ombi. I use both. There are not IP's in Ombi as far I can see, everything is localhost.

I checked some random overlay2 dir's, and they are all around 500 to 700mb and contain merged dir as attached. They are now around 55gb.

Can't I just deleted all these random directories? What could go wrong if I do this?

Edit 1: Could it possibly be backup's created by Plexguide? Because every structure seems the same (see screenshot #2).

Attachments

Last edited:

marksdasd

Citizen
Original poster
Jun 23, 2018
Haha, that is good to know. I was just about to delete the whole folder because it is becoming so big.

Does the structure inside these folders reveal what the cause is?

Chrisputer

Experienced
May 25, 2018
Haha, that is good to know. I was just about to delete the whole folder because it is becoming so big.

Does the structure inside these folders reveal what the cause is?
It actually does. Are you using lists in Radarr? THAT was my root cause. For some reason Radarr would default the folder for these lists to the /opt directory and I could not get it to change in the webgui. I have removed all my lists and that fixed it.

marksdasd

Citizen
Original poster
Jun 23, 2018
It actually does. Are you using lists in Radarr? THAT was my root cause. For some reason Radarr would default the folder for these lists to the /opt directory and I could not get it to change in the webgui. I have removed all my lists and that fixed it.
Yeah, I use lists but they all point to /unionfs/movies, so that seems correct. Also, no directory in that overlay2 directory is over 800mb, and that is not a movie size I ever download.

Edit: Also, it is not the /opt/ that is getting big, but my /var/ directory.

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending