Discussion - Good way to set up a Feeder and Player? | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Good way to set up a Feeder and Player?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

altoyda

Active
Original poster
Patron
Jul 18, 2020
I been reading forums and seeing a lot of people doing this setup. What is best way to set it and what apps in what area?
After talking to Bodgeup, I'm may be on right track, The biggest reason for me looking into this because I want to to take the work load off my main pc. I want player have all it need to do it's job. What apps need to be on player and what apps need to be on feeder? By what I been told I only need to set traefik on apps I want to connect to out side network to make it easy to connect to. Port guard need to be off in home. I hope I am understanding this @bodgeup .

timetrex

Elite
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
My experience, I rent a server with One Provider.. It has Plex, Rutorrent, plexautoscan, bazarr,jackett, requestrr and few other apps running on it.

To feed the plex server I Use the GCE instance (Free Trials) with Nzbget, radarr,sonarr,radarr4k installed as the main apps. I mostly download from usenet, the odd exception it will be rutorrent.

On the GCE instance I have my rutorrent download folder mounted with ssfhs. Radarr/sonarr can then move the files.

Pretty much works fine. No issues streaming plex movies 1080p directly or even 4k directly. My 4k content is pretty limited to just major movies I like. 1080p is just fine.

Alot of people will have similar setups. I like the GCE instance as it's free. Just to have backup and redeploy every couple of months.

bodgeup

Experienced+
Staff
FreeLancer
Donor
Aug 12, 2018
I been reading forums and seeing a lot of people doing this setup. What is best way to set it and what apps in what area?
After talking to Bodgeup, I'm may be on right track, The biggest reason for me looking into this because I want to to take the work load off my main pc. I want player have all it need to do it's job. What apps need to be on player and what apps need to be on feeder? By what I been told I only need to set traefik on apps I want to connect to out side network to make it easy to connect to. Port guard need to be off in home. I hope I am understanding this @bodgeup .
Yes Traefik is really only needed for quick simple remote access to your apps, I too have used GCE feeders without traefik on but with the GCE firewall rules tweaked to they only accept incoming traffic from my local pub ip not 0.0.0.0/0. I still use Muximux locally but with buttons setup for my PGGCE apps using there ip : port urls.

It depends on your needs, if you require subdomain url access you will need Traefik. But to use Traefik to its potential you either must only run one instance of traefik at each location or if your location has more than 1 ext ip then those cases you can run traefik on multiple instances as long as each can use its own ext ip address.

To put it simply again, Traefik is used for simple secure remote access to you apps but that doesnt mean you need traefik on every instance it depends on your needs as i mentioned. But with the way Traefik is setup in PlexGuide you can only use Treafik with 1 Public IP address because of the ports, but if you have multiple ext ips then you can match number of ips to numbers of traefik instances.

Hope this helps more but anymore questions just ask.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending