Welcome to PlexGuide.com

Register & Join Our Community Today!

Register Log in

Google Cloud NZBGet speeds

Thread starter #1

Whatdafuq

PG Ambassador
Whats everyone else getting for speeds on NZBGet using a google cloud server? I'm seeing my speed going from 15 MB/s to about 45 MB/s. Just wanting to know if thats about normal or if I have something not set right.

Similar threads

Chanchoo

PG Veteran
Tech Support
i break 250 + on solid files

Newshosting
eweka
UsenetServer

got a beefed up GCE tho. 10c and 4 NVME's in raid .. 4 is probably overkill btw 2-3 would be solid but it was slowing me down waiting for PP so i just spent a bit extra an got 4 of the he he

Read Deiteq's (Cofounder) Review & For a Discount Voucher!
Thread starter #6
OP
OP
Whatdafuq

Whatdafuq

PG Ambassador
Maybe that I've tried 3 different usenet providers now. I'm starting to think its my server build. I used the instructions from the Google Cloud post in this forum and now I'm looking at the wiki for the GCE Feeder and think Ill give that build a try.

Chanchoo

PG Veteran
Tech Support
the GCE setup is totally diff then anything you have used. 10gig ports are insane and if you stack 2 or more NVME's you can break 250 with decent ease.

Thread starter #9
OP
OP
Whatdafuq

Whatdafuq

PG Ambassador
I've completed building a GCE like the wiki says. I've had some problems because unlinke the normal PlexGuide build the NZBGet and Radarr where missing some settings. On the NZBGet am I just to point the CATEGORIES to /completed/movies/ and Radarr and Sonarr to the unionsf folder?

Thread starter #12
OP
OP
Whatdafuq

Whatdafuq

PG Ambassador
So finished my build of a GCE Feeder and I'm still not getting very fast downloads.

Here is my config.
My google cloud server is in the us-west1-c
n1-standard-4 (4 vCPUs, 15 GB memory)
500GB standard persistent disk
2 375 local ssd scratch disk NVME

I'm using 3 usenet service providers
Newsgroup Ninja
USENETSERVER
giganews

Then I have supertransfer2 setup with 30 service accounts.

Everything seems to be working and when I first reboot the server or restart NZBGet I can see it burst up to about 100MBs download then all of a sudden it will drop down to around 20MB and sometime get up to about 50MBs

I'm not sure if I'm missing a setting or something on the Google server or have something in NZB not set correctly.

Any ideas?

Thread starter #13
OP
OP
Whatdafuq

Whatdafuq

PG Ambassador
Figured out my problem was that I had server priority level set for each of my new providers 0, 1, 2 so once i set them all to 0 I'm now getting 100MB/s + download

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
Figured out my problem was that I had server priority level set for each of my new providers 0, 1, 2 so once i set them all to 0 I'm now getting 100MB/s + download
put that info in the wiki :D

Assists Greatly with Development Costs