Donor
Local time
3:33 PM
Mar 13, 2018
PG Version
Latest
Mount Type
Move Unencrypted
I’m noticing my upload speeds to my google drive are about half what my gce server is capable of doing. See the photos below. The speed test shows my up/down speeds to be about 800 Mbps, how ever the google drive upload test shows a rate of about 50MBps(~400Mbps)
Once in a while i see movies uploading at about 100+ MBps but that’s not the norm.

Is this just the wall or natural limit of what google can handle or have I chosen the wrong server location for my gce build (Us east) and if so how do I determine which location is closer to google drives servers for faster upload.

IMG_7251.jpg

IMG_7252.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

matt314159

Donor
Local time
2:33 PM
Nov 29, 2018
When I deployed PGBlitz for my transport method I was a little bit disappointed to see that even with multiple simultaneous uploads, I can only do about 60MB/s combined upload into google even when I added 10 service accounts. I've been curious to see if that's normal, but I sort of think it is. Just would be curious if anybody else can confirm. I'm on Hetzner finland FWIW

I certainly wouldn't want to completely saturate my upload since I have users who stream stuff and I need to reserve some bandwidth, but it seems I'm limited to about 500Mbits/s into google from my server.

Reactions: spediegun

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Maintenance Donations

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending