Jan 17, 2018
Last edited:

navy2x

Original poster
Donor
Local time
2:23 AM
May 5, 2018
Ok I will test. My server is going thru some issues/updates so it might take me a few days. Thanks for working on this!!!

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Hmm, I'm having trouble updating. Any ideas?

View attachment 2181

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Local time
Jan 17, 2018
Ok I will test. My server is going thru some issues/updates so it might take me a few days. Thanks for working on this!!!

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

Hmm, I'm having trouble updating. Any ideas?

View attachment 2181
your attachment doesn't show. i really want to get this running. my knowledge is 100x better when you first requested :D but it's tough to crack haha

Reactions: introvertmouse

drake

Local time
8:23 AM
Sep 5, 2018
@navy2x Great work! Trying this on a non Plexguide install (my home server). What path should I change in init-guac-db to fit my installation?

Reactions: introvertmouse

navy2x

Original poster
Donor
Local time
May 5, 2018
This is what I get when I run the test.yml. Not sure what the problem is.

Capture.PNG

Reactions: Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Local time
Jan 17, 2018
hey navy, i'll look at this again later today. i put it on a holding pattern for the 7.4 and 7.5 updates, but really need it haha :D

introvertmouse

Local time
Apr 1, 2018
East Coast U.S.A.
this would be a neat feature to play with

foolio

Local time
1:23 AM
Jan 10, 2019
@navy2x - I know this is an old thread and appreciate you posting these instructions I have everything running the stopped init-guac-db container I assume can be deleted once everything is setup correct?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Local time
Jan 17, 2018
@navy2x - I know this is an old thread and appreciate you posting these instructions I have everything running the stopped init-guac-db container I assume can be deleted once everything is setup correct?
any luck?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Local time
Jan 17, 2018
I deleted it shortly after this post since it had been stopped since it installed. No issues and everything has been running fine since I first set it up.
i want to get this going but know it can be difficult to setup. i need to buy a small desktop and run ubuntu native on a home machine instead of a vm.

foolio

Local time
Jan 10, 2019
i want to get this going but know it can be difficult to setup. i need to buy a small desktop and run ubuntu native on a home machine instead of a vm.
I just followed the instructions early in post and it worked on my first try. I am running PGBlitz local in a vm and not sure if the html5 RDP gateway would provide much use in a hosted solution outside of a browser based ssh client but there are other ways to accomplish this for PGBlitz. I use this to access several vms and PCs in my lab from a central gateway and having it on trafik along with all other services hosted in my PGBlitz instance is nice since most networks do not block port 443 when I travel. Other tools like teamviewer and chrome RDP use ports blocked by many guest networks I frequent.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Local time
Jan 17, 2018
I just followed the instructions early in post and it worked on my first try. I am running PGBlitz local in a vm and not sure if the html5 RDP gateway would provide much use in a hosted solution outside of a browser based ssh client but there are other ways to accomplish this for PGBlitz. I use this to access several vms and PCs in my lab from a central gateway and having it on trafik along with all other services hosted in my PGBlitz instance is nice since most networks do not block port 443 when I travel. Other tools like teamviewer and chrome RDP use ports blocked by many guest networks I frequent.
Do you have the exact configs deployed you can post or share? The more I can work with, I can try to implement into 8.7.

foolio

Local time
Jan 10, 2019
Do you have the exact configs deployed you can post or share? The more I can work with, I can try to implement into 8.7.
Sorry just logged back in tonight for the first time in a couple of days and saw your ask. Hopefully the below helps. sorry for crappy write up do not normally write up detailed instructions hopefully it all makes sense.

so first thing I did on the host after setting up plexguide/pgbliitz was install docker-compose when I did this 1.23 was the latest I believe 1.24 is out now:
first ran from ssh:
Code:
sudo curl -L https://github.com/docker/compose/releases/download/1.23.1/docker-compose-`uname -s`-`uname -m` -o /usr/local/bin/docker-compose
then ran:
Code:
sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/docker-compose
then verified version installed by running:
Code:
sudo docker-compose --version
then from ssh I created the following "docker-compose.yml" file in user home directory (guacamole) like was outlined in the original instructions: (note you need to change env variables : POSTGRES_USER, POSTGRES_PASSWORD under both postgres container and guacamole container. also need to update traefik.frontend.rule domain name(s))

YAML:
version: '3'

services:
  init-guac-db:
    container_name: init-guac-db
    image: guacamole/guacamole:latest
    command: ["/bin/sh", "-c", "test -e /init/initdb.sql && echo 'init file already exists' || /opt/guacamole/bin/initdb.sh --postgres > /init/initdb.sql" ]
    volumes:
      - dbinit:/init

postgres:
    container_name: postgres
    image: postgres:latest
    restart: always
    volumes:
      - dbinit:/docker-entrypoint-initdb.d
      - dbdata:/var/lib/postgresql/data
    environment:
      POSTGRES_USER: inputvalue
      POSTGRES_PASSWORD: [email protected]
    depends_on:
      - init-guac-db
    network_mode: bridge

guacd:
    container_name: guacd
    image: guacamole/guacd:latest

guacamole:
    container_name: guacamole
    environment:
      GUACD_HOSTNAME: guacd
      POSTGRES_HOSTNAME: postgres
      POSTGRES_DATABASE: guacuser
    ports:
      - 8585:8080
    depends_on:
      - postgres
      - guacd
    labels:
      traefik.enable: "true"
      traefik.frontend.redirect.entryPoint: "https"
      traefik.frontend.rule: "Host:guacamole.mydomain.com,guac.mydomain.com; AddPrefix: /guacamole"
      traefik.port: "8080"

volumes:
  dbinit:
  dbdata:
then from SSH change folders into your ~/guacamole folder.

then ran:
Code:
sudo docker-compose up init-guac-db
It was noted to do the following "downloads a file that will automatically initialize the guacamole postgres database on the first run (a very annoying thing to do manually otherwise"

then ran:
Code:
sudo docker-compose up -d
I then had 4 new containers in Portainer: guacamole(running), guacd(running), postgres(running), init-guac-db(stopped) and had a 1 new STACK which was all 4 containers.

I then added from portainer interface the following containers : guacamole, guacd, postgres, to the "plexguide" network.

I then went to https://guac.yourdomain.com - and logged in with default user and password both are `guacadmin`

Then created a new user with admin rights - logged out then logged in with new admin user and deleted default login.

Then I created a folder because it was noted "DO NOT CREATE a connection without FIRST creating a FOLDER! Otherwise you will be auto connected to your first connection every time you login to guacamole. Its dumb, but make a folder first, and put the connection in that folder."

Then went through and added all my local windows machines, and ssh for PLEXGUIDE in my folder I created. (note once you have 1 connection you can copy it for ease of use if needed)

After a few weeks of no response on earlier post in this thread I deleted the init-guac-db container. no issues from this deletion.

• Love

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Local time
Jan 17, 2018
This is an awesome assist. I may run a docker compose to build this out if I have problems with ansible.

vpatel9202

Local time
Sep 22, 2018
I then had 4 new containers in Portainer: guacamole(running), guacd(running), postgres(running), init-guac-db(stopped) and had a 1 new STACK which was all 4 containers.

I then added from portainer interface the following containers : guacamole, guacd, postgres, to the "plexguide" network.
I think the edits as shown below should let you join both networks using the compose file without having to manually make the changes. Obviously, it requires that the networks exist already.

YAML:
version: '3'

services:
  init-guac-db:
    container_name: init-guac-db
    command: ["/bin/sh", "-c", "test -e /init/initdb.sql && echo 'init file already exists' || /opt/guacamole/bin/initdb.sh --postgres > /init/initdb.sql" ]
    volumes:
      - dbinit:/init

postgres:
    container_name: postgres
    image: postgres:latest
    volumes:
      - dbinit:/docker-entrypoint-initdb.d
      - dbdata:/var/lib/postgresql/data
    environment:
    depends_on:
      - init-guac-db

guacd:
    container_name: guacd
    image: guacamole/guacd:latest

guacamole:
    container_name: guacamole
    environment:
      GUACD_HOSTNAME: guacd
      POSTGRES_HOSTNAME: postgres
      POSTGRES_DATABASE: guacuser
    ports:
      - 8585:8080
    depends_on:
      - postgres
      - guacd
    labels:
      traefik.enable: "true"
      traefik.frontend.redirect.entryPoint: "https"
      traefik.frontend.rule: "Host:guacamole.mydomain.com,guac.mydomain.com; AddPrefix: /guacamole"
      traefik.port: "8080"

volumes:
  dbinit:
  dbdata:

networks:
  default:
    external:
      name: bridge
      name: plexguide

• Love

Edrock200

Respected Member
Local time
Nov 17, 2019
Any plans to have this added to the official repo? Just curious. Thanks in advance! Might be a good opp for me to start learning how the yaml files work, but I'm procrastinating and hoping for the lazy route. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.