Handbrake and using a Watch Folder | PlexGuide.com

Handbrake and using a Watch Folder

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Xployt

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Sep 26, 2018
Hi PG Community,

So has anyone taken advantage of handbrake and using the Watch folders? I was wondering if anyone had anything working where it could watch a folder where all the completed files go /mnt/unionfs/movies for example and then maybe move them somewhere else.

What I understand so far is that a watch folder works in the way of a profile folder so that whatever goes in converts in relation to a profile and then that will get pushed to the converted folder.

So I was wondering if anyone has a way or a method so far in how to use this so that when something is downloaded ***.file has been recognised as a new one in one directory and then needs to be converted?

Is my logical thinking good enough? I am in a pub right now drinking a beer and on the laptop and had a family member complain about buffering as they have rubbish internet...figured this would some how be a work around.

clinch123

The Newb
Apr 7, 2018
I have toyed with that in the past. I found there was too much of a bottle neck with handbrake.

For reference I am using Ryzen 1700x, 64 MB ram and dual 512 nvme drives

navarisun

Citizen
Jul 12, 2018
me too thinking of the same process but no documentation or tutorials on the internet so far

fopoooo

Citizen
Jul 11, 2019
The problem is really that Sonarr and Radarr cannot Monitor (to my knowledge) 2 seperate locations. If handbrake or Tdarr (Which i managed to setup) moves it to another location, Sonarr and Radarr think that its now Missing. The solution would be that Sonarr/Radarr Monitor folder 1 and move/download into folder 2 but i dont think thats possible

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending