PG 1st Lieutenant
Coder
PG Donor
Sep 12, 2018
Reactions
158 0 0
https://github.com/timekills/handbrake-for-plexguide

Three versions
1. master: Handbrake through web interface or VNC for PlexGuide deployment with Traefik integration and Google OAuth security
2. userpass: Handbrake through web interface or VNC for PlexGuide deployment with Traefik integration and username/password security
3. quicksync: Handbrake through web interface or VNC for PlexGuide deployment with Traefik integration and username/password PLUS Intel QuickSync PLUS two extra automated folders (one for 1080p AAC2.0 MP4, one for 1080p 5.1 MP4 and one for 1080p MKV)
3A. The folders work for the quicksync branch, but so far I can't get the HW (Intel QuickSync) options to show up. If you want the multiple automated folders, you can still use this.

Instructions for a more automated (not copy and paste into handbrake.yml) approach

1. Go to the /opt/mycontainers directory cd /opt/mycontainers
  2. Type the command: git init
  3. Type the command: git remote add handbrake https://github.com/timekills/handbrake-for-plexguide.git
  4. Type the command: git pull handbrake master or git pull handbrake userpass or git pull handbrake quicksync
  5. Type the command rm -r .git
  6. (Optional) rm -r README.md if you don't want the README file cluttering up your directory
  7. ]Run Plexguide

Deploy handbrake app like any other app. It will be in the core Box Apps folder if manually installed as above NOT the Community folder!

Note 1: the port for web use is 5800. I haven't seen any conflicts yet, but if there are I may change the port later.
    Note 2: You can place a video file in the "watch" directory (/mnt/handbrake/watch) and it will automatically convert it using the 1080p fast settings to an .mp4 file and place it in the "output" directory (/mnt/handbrake/complete).
    - If using the quicksync branch, there are two other automated presets as in Version 3 (quicksync) description at top.
    Note 3: You can also manually choose the file, and it *does* work from /mnt/unionfs/whatever. It's just a little slower and might hit some Google limits. I'd recommend downloading the file to local storage first.

Last edited:

timekills

PG 1st Lieutenant
Coder
PG Donor
Sep 12, 2018
Reactions
158 0 0

MrDoob

PG 1st Lieutenant
Tech Lead
Dedicated Sponsor
PG Donor
Aug 4, 2018
GERMANY
Reactions
88 0 0
Pull to Community APP*s

ch1p2014

PG Master Sergeant
PG Sponsor
Sep 8, 2018
UK
Reactions
21 0 0
not sure if im missing something but followed instructions 1-7 run plexguide but then what ?
i went to community apps and didnt see handbrake please advise ,,,, missing a mp4 convertor since moving to v8 :(

timekills

PG 1st Lieutenant
Coder
PG Donor
Sep 12, 2018
Reactions
158 0 0
not sure if im missing something but followed instructions 1-7 run plexguide but then what ?
i went to community apps and didnt see handbrake please advise ,,,, missing a mp4 convertor since moving to v8 :(
@ch1p2014 It won't be in community apps unless/until it is officially added. This is the "sideload"/unofficial way.
It will show up as "handbrake" in the main apps section, but will be available for backup/restore etc.

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
Reactions
1,944 0 0
Still tracking

PG Developer Donations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nishanthkl92