Sonarr - Have Sonarr and Radarr linked to a remote download client? | PlexGuide.com

Sonarr Have Sonarr and Radarr linked to a remote download client?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

KingyBear1

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 26, 2019
Just wondering if there was an easy way to do this. Have Sonarr and Radarr running on my local server and have GCE just dedicated to downloading.

I tried just putting the ip for NZBGET in and it would download but wouldn't move the files.

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
Hi,

One easy way is to install a Vpn between the 2 servers in order to be able to talk almost transparently between the 2. An easy method installing a Vpn is as follows:
- go to zerotier.com and create a free account.
- create a new network and get the Id corresponding to it.
- then install the zyclonite/zerotier container on each end. And specify the network Id in the parameter.
- now both server are registered in my. zerotier.com but need first your approval before seing each other.
- once done you can fix the IP addresses of each server and make them talk to each other.

I configured it between 3 different locations and this is quite easy as a management point of view. I use it for example to notify each site's plex server when a new movie or series had been downloaded to update their respective db. Another use is sending all monitoring data from each site to a central grafana instance.

If you need further help just ask.

Cheers.

Reactions: 1 users

Porkie

Experienced+
Staff
Aug 9, 2018
Or just use remote paths in the darrs under the download client section.

KingyBear1

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 26, 2019
Hi,

One easy way is to install a Vpn between the 2 servers in order to be able to talk almost transparently between the 2. An easy method installing a Vpn is as follows:
- then install the zyclonite/zerotier container on each end. And specify the network Id in the parameter.
- now both server are registered in my. zerotier.com but need first your approval before seing each other.
- once done you can fix the IP addresses of each server and make them talk to each other.

I configured it between 3 different locations and this is quite easy as a management point of view. I use it for example to notify each site's plex server when a new movie or series had been downloaded to update their respective db. Another use is sending all monitoring data from each site to a central grafana instance.

Cheers.

Now that's set up whats next?

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
Did you try to ping from one end the zerotier IP of the second server?

Reactions: 1 user

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
So, you have your solution now.

Mar 18, 2019
Hi,

Cheers.
I've been trying for a few hours now lol I am such a noob it honestly hurts sometimes, when you have the guide up please let me know as i'd love to read it :)

Somedude

Experienced
Staff
Oct 28, 2018
The issue is that *arrs need to be able to have read/write access to whatever filesystem that the files are on. Simply pointing the *arrs to the download client and its IP does not give it file system access. The solution I used for my two LAN connected servers was to mount /mnt/downloads/rutorrent from my 40TB server onto my NVME servers with *arrs on it via NFS. Since NFS is only good for something on a LAN connection, you probably want to look into setting up SSHFS.

The easy way is to back up via pgvault and put *arrs directly on GCE, then restore them back to your home server once you're done grabbing what you want.

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
Nzbget will download but the files won't move? I assume I'm setting up the remote path mapping incorrectly. I just followed the wiki and put in the zerotier IP for the host?
Can you elaborate? I don't really understand your problem.

Somedude

Experienced
Staff
Oct 28, 2018
Hi,

Cheers.

Wouldn't a better way to simply create a VPN on server A and have server B as the client? don't need accounts on another site or anything. Just a direct private tunnel.

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
Wouldn't a better way to simply create a VPN on server A and have server B as the client? don't need accounts on another site or anything. Just a direct private tunnel.
It depends on what you are looking for. A traditional Vpn is a client connecting to a server or 2 servers connecting to each other. With zerotier we are more talking of a peer to peer network than a client server network. To summarize: a traditional Vpn connects different networks where zerotier is in fact the network. It's an abstraction layer which removes all the complexity of protocols, ports, configuration... With zerotier you create a network hypervisor, a network cloud. It takes less than 5 minutes to connect all the peers you want: docker, VM, physical servers, desktops and network devices.

Visorak

Citizen
Aug 10, 2019
Did you ever make a guide for zerotier? I cannot get it to work for the life of me. And I'm tired of having radarr/sonarr on my gce cause it keeps locking it up. I would appreciate it if you could help me out in setting this up :).

What happens is I can ping both servers internally to each other. After that though the problem remains in that the main box does not have read/write permissions on the feeder box, therefore it will download everything I tell it to but will not move them from /mnt/downloads/ to the /mnt/move folder to upload.

Last edited:

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
Did you ever make a guide for zerotier? I cannot get it to work for the life of me. And I'm tired of having radarr/sonarr on my gce cause it keeps locking it up. I would appreciate it if you could help me out in setting this up :).

What happens is I can ping both servers internally to each other. After that though the problem remains in that the main box does not have read/write permissions on the feeder box, therefore it will download everything I tell it to but will not move them from /mnt/downloads/ to the /mnt/move folder to upload.
Did you tried to follow those steps ?

Visorak

Citizen
Aug 10, 2019
Yes I did.

Although on the last step you said fix the server IP. Do I just use the IP that they automatically assign to it? Or do I need to assign it a different one.

plex_noob

Elite
Staff
Donor
Oct 1, 2018
No, you can keep the IP assigned.
So if I understand it well, Zerotier is work now?

Visorak

Citizen
Aug 10, 2019
No zerotier doesn't work still, but I gave up and just have sonarr/radarr on my gce now. It will send the command to download but it still refuses to move even with correct permissions. I have tried everything I can think of, but it will not move from download folder to /mnt/move.

Klyver

Noobz
Feb 9, 2019
As I see it zerotier dont show up as a network in docker and we need to finde a way to set it up as a network in docker add the networke to the container
you can ping the ip but the container cant se the network hope some can help it my need to be setup as a swam but not shour on that jet

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending