Help with setting up IPTV with Xteve and Plex.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Plex Lover

Original poster
Local time
3:05 PM
Jun 21, 2019
Greenland
Hi All,

I tried all possible ways to setup IPTV with Xteve and Plex but no luck.

I have installed the xteve community version from the plexguide was able to setup DVR in Plex which showed up the channels, but.

1. When I tried playing the channels it give me this Play Back Error - Could not tune channel. Please check your tuner or antenna.
2. After some time it shows - Device not found. Ensure your device is powered on and connected to your network.

Some users have reported here that the custom version of xteve has worked out for them and I followed below steps to install the custom version but still no luck to install it, I followed the below steps.

1. Removed the plexguide community version of xteve.
2. Copied the attached xteve-custom.yml file to /opt/mycontainers.
3. The xteve-custom application doesnot show up when I try to install via plexguide options 5 > 2 > 1.

For trial you can use a free IPTV service from below:

M3U: https://iptv-org.github.io/iptv/countries/us.m3u
EPG: http://epg.streamstv.me/epg/guide-usa.xml.gz

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Attachments

Reactions: gno92

gno92

Noob
Local time
4:05 PM
Nov 9, 2019
flex will not play m3u8 files, for that you will need that Steve used ffmpeg as transcoder but I don't know how to do it.

I you get a .ts format list it will work with no issue.

Plex Lover

Original poster
Local time
Jun 21, 2019
Greenland
Hi gno92, Thanks for your response. I tried with a .ts stream provider still getting the same errors.

friedrice

Donor
Local time
7:05 AM
Jul 24, 2019
Hi there

Please follow this conversation closely, the steps provided worked for me

Re: playback errors/device not found.

Must restart Plex, after you get add the DVR but before you try and watch anything.

Without doing this, Plex will give you those playback errors and tell you the device is not found.

Plex Lover

Original poster
Local time
Jun 21, 2019
Greenland
Hi friedrice, I should have mentioned it in my post, but I definitely restart my plex after adding the DVR. Myself and UncleBuck tried to get my setup working but same issues all the time and hence I decided to create a post here.

UncleBuck

Staff
Local time
2:05 PM
Dec 21, 2018
Houston, TX
The community xteve app has lots of issues and is not usable. This is why many have manually installed the xteve-custom.yml container. I have this working very well on my production plexguide server. I used my test VPS to try and install the xteve-custom.yml again but am having the same issue as Plex Lover. I put the xteve-custom.yml file in /opt/mycontainers but I am unable to install it via 5 > 2 > 1. It doesn't appear on the list.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.