Discussion - Help with Traefik and my internal/external IP issue | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Help with Traefik and my internal/external IP issue

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

kishanspatel

Noobz
Original poster
Jul 5, 2018
Hi all,
I have a VM running Ubunut with plexguide on it. I'm trying to set up traefik so I don't have to enter an IP:port for every container I have installed. I'm running into a few issues.

The VM has portainer running on it. I can access portainer with the VM IP and port (9000). I can also access using my public IP and port 9000... however I can only do this OUTSIDE of my local network.
So with traefik when I'm trying to set up so that portainer.mydominain.com reaches my public IP it is unable to do so and I think this is because traefik cannot reach my server through the public IP because it is running inside my network.

I did some research and I think this situation is called NAT loopback or something similar.

I'm simply trying to figure out how I can use my public IP to access my server inside of my network. If that is not possible how can I set up traefik so that I can use portainer.mydomain.com to access portainer and subsequently all my other containers.

All help is very much appreciated.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending