Discussion - Hetzner cx51 | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Hetzner cx51

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Spoonsy1480

VIP
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
Is anyone using this and if so what is it like considering this or I may have to bite the bullet and get an ex42 nvme

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
i have not, but have you used hetzner before for a major server?

zukato

Experienced
Donor
Jul 13, 2018
I guess it depends a bit on what kind of usage you need: how many users? Transcodes needs? Downloading needs?...

For a basic usage (2 to 3 users, limited transcoding, no downloading on the server), I found that the lower tiers work perfectly, as long as you have 8Gb of RAM.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Spoonsy1480

VIP
Original poster
Feb 23, 2018
I have just run up a cx51 cloud vps works lovely at the moment going to try for a day or so then get a ex42 nvme, the nvme drive helps a lot it makes everything work fast.
I may keep the vps but worried about the 20tb cap not sure if my 4-5 users will use that or not

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

UncleBuck

Elite
Staff
Dec 21, 2018
I have been running a cx51 for a couple of months now. I commonly have 3 to 5 active users during prime hours. Most of those users are transcoding simply because I have not been successful in getting them to change their client settings. The most streams I had at once was 7 with 5 of them transcoding. So far everything has worked incredibly well and not once has the vps showed any performance issues.

I am considering going the ex42 route but AT&T is currently installing fiber in my neighborhood and trying to decide between ex42 or building my own server.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending