Discussion Hetzner Dedicated too hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grawl

PG First Class
Jan 1, 2019
Reactions
0 0 0
docker-py failed to initialize on 18.04 for me, that's why I'm sticking with 16.04. Installing plexguide as I'm typing this, so fingers crossed.

MrDoob

PG Captain
Mod | Tech Lead
Mega Sponsor
PG Donor
Aug 4, 2018
GERMANY
Reactions
109 0 0
a quick question?
do you even know about Linux
?

fr0sty

PG Sergeant
PG Donor
Jul 8, 2018
Australia
Reactions
14 0 0
I managed to make a new user. For some reason the first one doesn't work, but the second command does.

useradd -m -d /home/grawl
useradd -m grawl (which created /home/grawl anyway)
First command is wrong. It's useradd -m -d /home/grawl grawl
Follow the instructions carefully

bodgeup

PG Master Sergeant
PG Donor
Freelance Sponsor
Aug 12, 2018
Reactions
21 0 0
docker-py failed to initialize on 18.04 for me, that's why I'm sticking with 16.04. Installing plexguide as I'm typing this, so fingers crossed.
Your Docker.py issue may be related to my post about the universe repo setting.
Ubuntu 18.04 server downloads ive seen recently require you to set the universe repository i mentioned eariler, i know the link above is from another site but the article i used was from here i just cant find it at the moment.

Well it seems that Plexguide now actually sets the Universe repo now in ubuntu so it cant be the same issue i saw a while back my bad.

Last edited:

Chudz

PG Sergeant
PG Donor
Mar 19, 2018
Reactions
30 0 0
I actually just jumped straight in, no clue what I was doing I just read instructions/wiki of QuickBox/PlexGuide/Cloud etc also watched video guides on PlexGuide and there are some on how to setup Hetzner from rescue.

Make a note pad file called linux commands and paste any in there with note on what it does. Refer back to that. It is not that hard to learn just read tutorial/wiki carefully.

thepj

PG Master Sergeant
Tech Lead
Nov 13, 2018
Arizona, USA
Reactions
57 0 0
sudo has nothing to do with it. After a fresh ubuntu install, you need to login as root so adduser should work fine.
This is not 100% factual information. When you install ubuntu it asks you to create an account, it doens't ask you to make that account for no reason. That is the account you login and it is added to the sudoers list. If your provider is using a customized template so that they can provide you direct root access, that is different. Most of the large providers don't, GCE and AWS do not provide you root. If you choose CentOS or other distros, that is a different story.

I can count on zero fingers how many times I have ever SSH'ed as root with Ubuntu, because that is disabled in SSH config by default. You CAN configure root to be enabled through SSH, after you login with an account with correct permissions. Here is some additional information FROM Canonical so you can stop this back and forth:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RootSudo

1547068548642.png

Somedude

PG First Class
Tech Lead
Oct 28, 2018
US
Reactions
6 0 0
I have a hetzner server. On both ubuntu and debian it only creates a root account.

thepj

PG Master Sergeant
Tech Lead
Nov 13, 2018
Arizona, USA
Reactions
57 0 0
No need for vsphere. He can just install webmin. Vsphere is a virtualization enviroment. He doesn't need the extra bloat of software that brings with it. Webmin is a simple webui to manage your server.
This will help you our tremendously. Utilzie Webmin rather than Virtualmin while utilizing Plexguide. Poor mans cPanel!

Grawl

PG First Class
Jan 1, 2019
Reactions
0 0 0
I've got the most of it working, it downloads and puts it in the right folders (/mnt/unionfs/tv and /mnt/unionfs/movies). When I create a test file in /mnt/move, it gets uploaded to my Gdrive.

However, it stays in /mnt/unionfs and never gets uploaded to Gdrive.

edit: I've tried it with 18.04 as well, it keeps failing at the unionfs part.

Code:
TASK [Install UNIONFS Service] *************************************************
Thursday 10 January 2019  01:25:37 +0100 (0:00:00.228)       0:00:00.290 ******
fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "AnsibleUndefinedVariable: 'unionfs_path' is undefined"}
        to retry, use: --limit @/opt/plexguide/menu/pgclone/munionfs.retry

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
127.0.0.1                  : ok=1    changed=1    unreachable=0    failed=1

Last edited:

fr0sty

PG Sergeant
PG Donor
Jul 8, 2018
Australia
Reactions
14 0 0
I've got the most of it working, it downloads and puts it in the right folders (/mnt/unionfs/tv and /mnt/unionfs/movies). When I create a test file in /mnt/move, it gets uploaded to my Gdrive.

However, it stays in /mnt/unionfs and never gets uploaded to Gdrive.

edit: I've tried it with 18.04 as well, it keeps failing at the unionfs part.

Code:
TASK [Install UNIONFS Service] *************************************************
Thursday 10 January 2019  01:25:37 +0100 (0:00:00.228)       0:00:00.290 ******
fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "AnsibleUndefinedVariable: 'unionfs_path' is undefined"}

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
I just fired up a local (ver. 8.0.16 + straight gdrive) and get the same as this. Never run it local so unknown if its my network etc.

Code:
TASK [Install UNIONFS Service] *******************************************************************************
Thursday 10 January 2019  00:43:15 +0000 (0:00:00.321)       0:00:00.407 ******
fatal: [127.0.0.1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "AnsibleUndefinedVariable: 'unionfs_path' is undefine                                             d"}

PLAY RECAP ***************************************************************************************************
fr0sty

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

PG Developer Donations

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisi21