Intro - Hey All | PlexGuide.com

Intro Hey All

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Kilipzo

Noobz
Original poster
Sep 8, 2020
Hey,

So I'm pretty new to the world of Plex, Usenet and automation using the "arr" suite of tools... initially attempting to setup the aforementioned on my home PC and utilising my pretty poor home connection.

After plenty of late nights reading through Reddit posts and tinkering, I got myself the HDD 2TB plan from Whatbox and damn what an improvement on my home speeds… and some further Google/Reddit research lead me here to PlexGuide 😊

Even from in the short time being here + the posts that I’ve read so far, clearly I’ve still got much to learn and some new providers to look into i.e. Hetzner + Netcup

I look forward to expanding my knowledge and getting my setup tuned

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
WELCOME!
It seems like you're doing your due diligence in reading up as much as you can.. Great Stuff!
I remember the first download i made over a remote server connection (many moons ago) maxing out a gbps line @ 125MB/s and i was hooked.
💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

Hetzner definitely the most popular setup.
Netcup are up there (i'm a fan) but their pricing/invoicing/customer service are............ different (really the best way i can describe them). it SEEMS like they speak english (ingerlisch?) but there are often annoying lost in translation moments during communications.

There are certainly other home automation/server sites to consider but the admin and mods (and users!) here are very friendly and you'll (almost) always get a reply to a thread you post.
GET STUCK IN!

👹

dP

Kilipzo

Noobz
Original poster
Sep 8, 2020
Cheers dP... yeah I've been doing plenty more reading of posts here since joining 🤓

I'll get a thread started asking for some recommendations/opinions

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending