Discussion How much is your GCE costing you?

R

ribso

Original poster
Hi There,

Just want to work a budget out to determine if GCE will be a long term solution or just interim with getting data loaded up and library built.

I'm 5 days into GCE deployment and i'm just after some info on what to expect.
Downloading would be typical week to week TV and movie releases once all my on prem media is moved over to google drive.

Server load under transcoding should be based on a 2-4 user accessing setup however my preference would be to have no transcoding at all where possible.

If you can let me know what currency it is that would be awesome too so I can convert to $AUD appropriately.

Appreciate the insight and info.

pYTTH

Staff
Local time
9:05 PM
Nov 1, 2018
Use gce for massloading and after to maintain just run your stuff on your normal server. Gce is expensive for long term use.

Reactions: MrDoob

astroshare

Local time
2:05 PM
Apr 9, 2018
I have a business Gsuite account, and now whenever I create a new user and try to setup GCE billing, I'm getting a message that account verification is needed, and they want pictures of my ID and credit card. Last thing I want is to give that to Google ... Twas good while it lasted :(

mtan93

Local time
8:05 PM
Jul 29, 2018
I don't pay a penny, my GCE instance averages $107 a month, when one free trial is up I create a new account with a new email and use a new Revolut virtual visa debit each time... Works a treat! All my downloads are handled by the feeder and my local server and remote NForce server are set up to just playback.

Reactions: skuid87

captngimpy

Staff
Local time
2:05 PM
Mar 14, 2018
I have a business Gsuite account, and now whenever I create a new user and try to setup GCE billing, I'm getting a message that account verification is needed, and they want pictures of my ID and credit card. Last thing I want is to give that to Google ... Twas good while it lasted :(
This happened to me once. I didn't fill in my full name on my CC info so I verified with id took a couple hours and I was up and running that was like 5 servers ago. Also to save everyone some time using privacy.com generated cards don't work either. I'm on my 9th gce and I have spooled up 2 additional server for other things so total of 11. Only thing I have changed is the number in the new Gmail address I create all the contact and credit card info stays the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Maintenance Donations

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending