Discussion - How old is your GSuite? | PlexGuide.com

Discussion How old is your GSuite?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

sgcarmea

Noobz
Original poster
Mar 8, 2018
I've had my main paid GSuite since 11/2018, but I've had a school account since 2014. I bought an account in 2016 I think on eBay, but there was a banwave and the account was suspended in 2019.
I've got a couple more student accounts to try and back up things in triplicate because I'm so nervous about accounts getting suspended. I know that's why people encrypt, but that sounds tedious to me.
Anyone else deal with bans or bad eBay accounts? I'm curious who's had the oldest paid account.

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
I've had my main paid GSuite since 11/2018, but I've had a school account since 2014. I bought an account in 2016 I think on eBay, but there was a banwave and the account was suspended in 2019.
I've got a couple more student accounts to try and back up things in triplicate because I'm so nervous about accounts getting suspended. I know that's why people encrypt, but that sounds tedious to me.
Anyone else deal with bans or bad eBay accounts? I'm curious who's had the oldest paid account.
good post.
I was heartbroken myself about this time last year when they did the banhammer across the edu accounts.
it was my own fault for being a cheap ****.
since then i've grabbed a gsuite and never looked back.
I dont know the answer to the question "how do we make viable redundancies?" but i am fairly certain using ebay edu's is f*****g stupid (GUILTYYYYYYYYY! 🦹‍♀️).i was up to about 100tb of 'curated' data (by that i mean almost every movie and most tv shows were individually checked for quality, release group etc; as the ARR's, despite being a godSend, always leave much to be desired) when it went 'just like that' (insert keven spacey keyser soze at the end of the usual suspects meme here).
It has taken a full year and countless (hundreds at least) hours to get everything back.
Sure encryption might help with a real/true/personal/gsuite (eg why would they ban you if they cannot see what you are storing?) but using an edu or any other cheap/hacked account it is not a matter of if but when.
theres LOADS of much(MUCH) smarter ***** on here that cycle gsuites like theyre candy and hold MUCH (MUCH) more data than my dumb a$$, but they all hate us (me) and don't share their superior knowledge with we scumbags (as they call us) HAHA 🤪😝

3p
dP

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
In general, if you pay your monthly sub on a business account, keep it private and don't share links that are made public, you should be fine and many of us have been since the great Amazon debacle several years back. Some people are well into multi PB territory with no issues, but it's like anything - it could all come crashing down tomorrow.

DeadPool

Elite
Staff
May 2, 2018
In general, if you pay your monthly sub on a business account, keep it private and don't share links that are made public, you should be fine and many of us have been since the great Amazon debacle several years back. Some people are well into multi PB territory with no issues, but it's like anything - it could all come crashing down tomorrow.
is it wrong that i get a tingling in my nether regions when you say "multi PetaByte territory", DM?

That obviously makes keeping multiple redundancies more complicated.

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
It gets to a point where it's not about how much you have, it's about having what you want to watch, and you only have so many hours in a day you can do that.

NobleX13

Citizen
Oct 26, 2018
Mine is about two years old at this point, maybe a bit more than that. So far so good. The only issues I have is when we hit the API rate limit on accident. Did that for the first time today in almost 6 months. Oops.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending