how to add additional ip to hetzner dedicated server? | PlexGuide.com

how to add additional ip to hetzner dedicated server?

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

dragondiary

Citizen
Original poster
Mar 5, 2018
İnstalled server 2016 to herzner desicated server.İ Want to install ubuntu server vm.I bought additional ip with maç.Read hundreds docu,searc web ,trying 2 Weeks but can not configure Networks for ubuntu vm.Anybody help me via rdp or another way.

syebrexsr

Experienced+
Donor
Patron
May 22, 2020
İnstalled server 2016 to herzner desicated server.İ Want to install ubuntu server vm.I bought additional ip with maç.Read hundreds docu,searc web ,trying 2 Weeks but can not configure Networks for ubuntu vm.Anybody help me via rdp or another way.
I will give this a shot first, this instruction is a very high overview. Hopefully, you can put the puzzle together with your prior windows knowledge. There may be more questions I would have to ask you going forward to troubleshoot, this is a shot in the dark without knowing more.

1.)Windows 2016 Server, then you would have to install a hypervisor like Windows Hyper-V or VMware.
2.) For this setup I would have used built-in Hyper-V, you have to install this role on server 2016.
3.) Build the virtual machine with the correct hardware components and mount the Ubuntu ISO that you would have downloaded before, then you are able to mount and access through the hypervisor.
4.) Then you would configure that IP through Linux on the interface of that ubuntu server.

This should point you in the right direction .

Reactions: 1 user

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019

dragondiary

Citizen
Original poster
Mar 5, 2018
I will give this a shot first, this instruction is a very high overview. Hopefully, you can put the puzzle together with your prior windows knowledge. There may be more questions I would have to ask you going forward to troubleshoot, this is a shot in the dark without knowing more.

1.)Windows 2016 Server, then you would have to install a hypervisor like Windows Hyper-V or VMware.
2.) For this setup I would have used built-in Hyper-V, you have to install this role on server 2016.
3.) Build the virtual machine with the correct hardware components and mount the Ubuntu ISO that you would have downloaded before, then you are able to mount and access through the hypervisor.
4.) Then you would configure that IP through Linux on the interface of that ubuntu server.

This should point you in the right direction .
Thanks for reply.1-2-3 steps are allright.Configured hyper-v .I have two vms,win10 and ubuntu server.I have an additional ip from hetzner robot.But both of vms not connecting to the internet.
Post automatically merged:

Did you configure your hyper v switch and associate the VM to the switch? https://www.how2shout.com/how-to/ho...k-on-hyper-v-windows-10-step-by-step.html/amp
I will try this tutorial.Thanks.

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Thanks for reply.1-2-3 steps are allright.Configured hyper-v .I have two vms,win10 and ubuntu server.I have an additional ip from hetzner robot.But both of vms not connecting to the internet.
Post automatically merged:

I will try this tutorial.Thanks.
Your other vms aren't connecting because you didn't create a hyper-v Nat network yet most likely. For the vms that don't have dedicated ips, you'll need to create a Nat network: https://www.google.com/amp/s/anandt...-to-setup-nat-network-for-hyper-v-guests/amp/

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending