Discussion - How to avoid reaching letsencrypt limit for dupe certs | PlexGuide.com

Discussion How to avoid reaching letsencrypt limit for dupe certs

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Squid00

Citizen
Original poster
Apr 18, 2020
Hi,

I have everything working as per all the guidelines, and yet I exceeded letsencrypt’s limit. I looked up the certs attached to my domain at https://transparencyreport.google.com and saw several duplicate certs, presumably from redeploying traefik too many times.

Is this the case or is something else I’m doing (too often) to blame? What best practices should I follow to avoid creating duplicate certs, or is there a script I could use to only issue a certificate if one hasn’t already been issued?

Any advice appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Donor
Jan 17, 2018
i know this sounds not like the best answer, but i'll have junk domains for testing. cheap ones. if they work, normally from there it's pretty good.

Reactions: 1 user

Squid00

Citizen
Original poster
Apr 18, 2020
i know this sounds not like the best answer, but i'll have junk domains for testing. cheap ones. if they work, normally from there it's pretty good.
No, I can see the sense in doing that. Especially when you’re finding you feet with everything. I have the server dialed in for the most part, but if I make any sweeping changes in the future, I’ll def set up a temp domain for testing before I roll things out on my primary one.

Thanks!

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending