How to use external drive on local linux (Ubuntu 18/04) running Plexguide | PlexGuide.com

How to use external drive on local linux (Ubuntu 18/04) running Plexguide

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

something

Veteran
Original poster
Feb 15, 2018
I have a PG instance running smoothly on my laptop with i7/16GB RAM/512 GB SSD. I wanted to try out the torrents and for that I wanted to attach an external hard drive (for seeding). When I connect the drive I can see it, but radarr/sonarr etc. can and access it. I read somewhere that I have to mount it inside /mnt/* - how do I do it?

1. Will I be able to use it without reinstalling the current PG?
2. I wanted the SSD to be the first processing drive for downloading/unpacking etc and the external drive as a secondary drive. How do I do this?

Please help me out or point me in the right direction for proper tutorials.

3. If I have to install the PG again, would it be using the option where it asks for second processing disk?
Post automatically merged:

Experts please help me out here.

Last edited:

Edrock200

VIP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
I have a PG instance running smoothly on my laptop with i7/16GB RAM/512 GB SSD. I wanted to try out the torrents and for that I wanted to attach an external hard drive (for seeding). When I connect the drive I can see it, but radarr/sonarr etc. can and access it. I read somewhere that I have to mount it inside /mnt/* - how do I do it?

1. Will I be able to use it without reinstalling the current PG?
2. I wanted the SSD to be the first processing drive for downloading/unpacking etc and the external drive as a secondary drive. How do I do this?

Please help me out or point me in the right direction for proper tutorials.

3. If I have to install the PG again, would it be using the option where it asks for second processing disk?
Post automatically merged:

Experts please help me out here.
Yes, changing the processing location should do what you are looking to do.

When you say Linux sees it, where is it mounted? If you haven't mounted it yet, and aren't familiar with Linux cli, the easiest thing to do is in the Ubuntu gui run gparted and use it's gui interface to partition and format the drive.

The reason people mention putting it in /mnt is because all pg docker containers map /mnt in the container to /mnt on the host. So anything within this directory will be available to your containers. One pertinent note though is if anything is mounted while the container is running, you must restart the container for it to see the mount.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!