Register & Join Our Community Today!

Register Log in

I didn't see filebot listed directly...

After Signup, PM Admin9705 for a 20% Discount Voucher
Thread starter #1

misury

PG Ambassador
Donated
I'm curious if you can add in a menu item for this? It would simplify setup, as you could have filebot move items to /mnt/move vs setting up sonarr/radarr individually. I can email you some scripts you could work with also... I'm not proficient in the program by any means, but I've used enough seedboxes and such to have kept a few tidbits.

Misury

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
Perfect! I'll PM you the info later. Thanks so much! :)
No prob. Noticed your username floating g on the forums. Hope the amount of info posted has helped

Thread starter #5
OP
OP
misury

misury

PG Ambassador
Donated
No prob. Noticed your username floating g on the forums. Hope the amount of info posted has helped
I'm learning. I love that everything is Dockerized. Yet, it's frustrating everything is Dockerized... until you know where stuff is supposed to go. xD Thanks for all your hard work, seriously awesome stuff.

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
I'm learning. I love that everything is Dockerized. Yet, it's frustrating everything is Dockerized... until you know where stuff is supposed to go. xD Thanks for all your hard work, seriously awesome stuff.
Ya it’s a blessing and a curse. The reason I put videos up are teach fellow members. As you learn, you may create solutions to push the project. @The Creator created the benchmark menu, @designgears did tons of fixes, and @pentaganos is pushing pieces of code.

barryclamsworth

PG Elite
Partner
you could have filebot move items to /mnt/move
I've been trying to set up file-bot for a few unautomated downloads - is /mnt/move where I want my files to end up after being renamed, I've been meaning to ask if it's there or /unionfs.

Also @misury - what docker image are you using, I'm currently testing coppit/filebot but web interface is a bit sluggish and doesn't seem to let me add my custom manual scripts. Going to try the three part rednoah/filebot next, when I get a chance.

Thread starter #8
OP
OP
misury

misury

PG Ambassador
Donated
I've been trying to set up file-bot for a few unautomated downloads - is /mnt/move where I want my files to end up after being renamed, I've been meaning to ask if it's there or /unionfs.

Also @misury - what docker image are you using, I'm currently testing coppit/filebot but web interface is a bit sluggish and doesn't seem to let me add my custom manual scripts. Going to try the three part rednoah/filebot next, when I get a chance.
I'm actually not using a docker image currently. I installed it on the base OS. I figured I can have it watch a little better that way. I believe /mnt/move is where you want files to end up to be uploaded to Google Drive, but you'll want to get confirmation on that from the creators here. I just installed filebot myself, so I can't report yet. xD

Here's my instructions for installing on base OS though, should you wish to go that way.
- wget Https://sourceforge.net/projects/filebot/files/filebot/FileBot_4.7.9/filebot_4.7.9_amd64.deb
- sudo apt-get -y install openjfx gdebit
- sudo apt -y install default-jre
- sudo gdebi filebot_4.7.9_amd64.deb

Then from there you can work out the scripting until something gets put into place. :)

Miguel

PG Ambassador
Tech Support
Not a creator but I can confirm that /mnt/move is where you want the files to end up, once they're saved here then rclone will eventually upload them to your google drive.
Fyi, you could probably point it at /mnt/unionfs too as the read&write folder is assigned as /mnt/move so itll end up there anyway.

boltn

PG Overlord
Coder
Going to try the three part rednoah/filebot next, when I get a chance.
I actually came across these recently and just wanted to share what I've found.

1) The main filebot dockerfile doesn't continue running like some of the other apps in PG, which makes sense since it's not designed that way; but you need to run docker commands to call it, so while it's a nice option, almost seems like it makes more sense (and less hassle) to just install filebot directly on the OS like @misury did

2) The filebot-node dockerfile is actually designed to continue running and provides a basic web interface and seems like a better fit for PG...if you don't need automation from Sonarr/Radarr/etc and just need to rename an existing library

3) The filebot-watcher dockerfile does as its name suggests, it watches a specified folder and automatically renames files using the AMC script/options; this one may also be a good option for PG and can act as a middle man between Sonarr/Radarr/etc and /mnt/move and I would assume simplify setup in said applications (i.e., just turn off built-in renaming and have filebot watch for handling and moving to /mnt/move), but I haven't actually tested this yet so can't confirm

Of the 3 options, which would everyone like to see included in PG? Or would you prefer to just have filebot installed on the OS? Maybe we can run a poll, does this forum support that @Admin9705 ?

After Signup, PM Admin9705 for a 20% Discount Voucher

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder

1) The main filebot dockerfile doesn't continue running like some of the other apps in PG, which makes sense since it's not designed that way; but you need to run docker commands to call it, so while it's a nice option, almost seems like it makes more sense (and less hassle) to just install filebot directly on the OS like @misury did

2) The filebot-node dockerfile is actually designed to continue running and provides a basic web interface and seems like a better fit for PG...if you don't need automation from Sonarr/Radarr/etc and just need to rename an existing library

3) The filebot-watcher dockerfile does as its name suggests, it watches a specified folder and automatically renames files using the AMC script/options; this one may also be a good option for PG and can act as a middle man between Sonarr/Radarr/etc and /mnt/move and I would assume simplify setup in said applications (i.e., just turn off built-in renaming and have filebot watch for handling and moving to /mnt/move), but I haven't actually tested this yet so can't confirm

Of the 3 options, which would everyone like to see included in PG? Or would you prefer to just have filebot installed on the OS? Maybe we can run a poll, does this forum support that @Admin9705 ?
Ya the forum can run polls :D If you want to be a staff coder, let me know :D

Thread starter #12
OP
OP
misury

misury

PG Ambassador
Donated

Thanks for all your research and input, very good stuff there! I'd say, personally, that option three would make the most sense, and best fit for PG, but that's just my opinion.

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
Haha, what do you think i do everyday, learn something, test... and half results in something :D

Sure, I'd like to help out in any way I can. I'm no expert on anything really, but know enough to hopefully help a little bit here and there :cool:

I have all three installed currently, the thing holding me back with the GUI is I can't copy and paste between remote desktops and I'm too poor a typist to copy my current naming setup manually.

Tried to find a config file I can edit manually for gui but no luck, a docker command could be called from the plex script or from a download agent so option 1 might still be useful and these scripts can be edited easily.

merien26

PG User
Hello
I found a way to use filebot with sickrage - Deluge - plexguide.

First install filebot, and deluge and sickrage from plexguide.
2. Inside deluge config; download directory must be: /temp
3 inside sickrage ''search setting'' - ''Torrent Search'' choose deluge (via webui) and enter your info.

Use this script to call filebot at work and send the result in /mnt/unionfs directory.
You can run this script every x time from crontab to check, if you have a new file.
#!/bin/sh

# Input Parameters
ARG_PATH="$3"
ARG_NAME="$2"
ARG_LABEL="N/A"

# Configuration
#CONFIG_OUTPUT="$HOME" # if this script is called by the deluge user, then $HOME will NOT refer to YOUR user home, but paths such as /var/lib/deluge instead

#My Variables:
NOW=$(date +"%m_%d_%Y")
CHECK=$(hostname)
LOG="/filebot/log/$CHECK.filebot-log.$NOW.log"

echo "Torrent Details"+$NOW+$TORRENT_NAME+$TORRENT_PATH+$TORRENT_ID >> $LOG

filebot -script fn:amc --output "/filebot" --action copy -non-strict "/mnt/deluge/temp" --log-file amc.log --def excludeList=amc.txt --def movieFormat="/mnt/unionfs/Movie/{ny}/{fn}" seriesFormat="/mnt/unionfs/Serie/{n}/{fn}" animeFormat="/Filebot/Animes/{n}/{fn}" musicFormat="/filebot/Music/{n}/{fn}"
I just spent a few hours testing all this and it works well :)
You can also use a command in crontab to clear file in /temp after x number of times.

Last edited:

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
Hello
I found a way to use filebot with sickrage - Deluge - plexguide.

First install filebot, and deluge and sickrage from plexguide.
2. Inside deluge config; download directory must be: /temp
3 inside sickrage ''search setting'' - ''Torrent Search'' choose deluge (via webui) and enter your info.

Use this script to call filebot at work and send the result in /mnt/unionfs directory.

I just spent a few hours testing all this and it works well :)
You can also use a command in crontab to clear file in /temp after x number of times.
I'm not gonna lie, but you'll probably need to push this via github because it's a little beyond me in terms of time and effort :D

Admin9705

Administrator
Co-Founder
sounds good, it's because I don't need it; so it's hard to push something when someone who uses understands the full functionality of it and how they are using it.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DarkSteel Random Thoughts 3