If you have 1Gbps link please conduct a speedtest | PlexGuide.com

If you have 1Gbps link please conduct a speedtest

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Xployt

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Sep 26, 2018
Currently arguing with an ISP.
1596187431211.png
Current speed tests for a 1gbps link. I'm not happy with it. There's no one else here on site.

So we can prove these guys wrong can anyone with a 1Gbps link post a screenshot of either fast.com or ovh.net and post that bad boy below.

Many thanks all

Attachments

ZeroFux

Active
Mar 19, 2019
Here are the results of my test. I'm on a GIG line but I don't know where the bottleneck might be...
Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 10.02.01 AM.png

Resporthw

Citizen
Mar 13, 2020
Not sure that'll help considering its from a different country in Europe, but here's what it looks like for me during the evening.

9843762055.jpg

Xployt

Administrator
Original poster
Project Manager
Donor
Donor
Sep 26, 2018
That command line speed test has been broken since last year. your wasting you time basing any assumptions on it.
Can you provide some more detail on this. I'll do some research myself too. Just better to always give more information so people (including myself) can learn. I'm just on the road right now with intermittent internet.

Chazaroo1980

Citizen
May 2, 2019
vnc docker test run via Firefox vs speedtest-cli. I noticed last year that the results were far from correct.
Post automatically merged:

Download this file. Patch for /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/speedtest.py

Save it to /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages

then run..

patch /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/speedtest.py /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/speedtest.patch

and hey presto....

Attachments

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending