iGPU HA transcoding | PlexGuide.com

iGPU HA transcoding

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Horatius369

Citizen+
Original poster
Feb 5, 2020
Hello,

I have a plexguide server fully setup with an i5 6400 (and vega 56, at home) and I don't know how to get HA transcoding working. I saw some stuff for Hetzner servers on the wiki but did not get anywhere with it.
So where can I find a good guide to get it working in docker(plexguide)? Or how to do it in plexguide?

I'm very much a linux noob so please keep that in mind :D

Thanks in advance! <3

fopoooo

Citizen
Jul 11, 2019
You can enable it (in plexguide) under tools than PG Hetzner IGPU / GPU HW-Transcode and select your distro, it says hetzer on the box but it works on any server.

Reactions: 1 user

Horatius369

Citizen+
Original poster
Feb 5, 2020
You can enable it (in plexguide) under tools than PG Hetzner IGPU / GPU HW-Transcode and select your distro, it says hetzer on the box but it works on any server.
So you only have to enable that, no other settings etc required to be thinkered with?

fopoooo

Citizen
Jul 11, 2019
Well, it should you also need to plex pass and enable hw transcoding in plex but other than that yes :)

Reactions: 1 user

Horatius369

Citizen+
Original poster
Feb 5, 2020
Well, it should you also need to plex pass and enable hw transcoding in plex but other than that yes :)
Doesn't work for me, I have a suspicion why.

It is my old gaming pc and has a vega 56 currently hooked up to a monitor, when I do the GPU test on PG then it reports the vega. The vega is not supported by plex for HW Transcoding.
What would be the easiest way to fix this? Plugging my monitor into the iGPU?

I am not at home at the moment and use it through anydesk.

fopoooo

Citizen
Jul 11, 2019
Yes that doesn't work with AMD hardware and you should not use AMD (GPUs) with h264 because the quality is very poor, as you said
you need to switch it in the bios and plug the monitor into the igpu :)

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending