Discussion Implementation to bypass ST2 Team Drive file cap

qowecac

Original poster
Local time
4:03 AM
May 26, 2018
I haven't had much experience with this, but ST2 seems really awesome paired with PGDrive encrypted. The small issue of a 250k file cap seems a bit annoying. This may be unusable but creating virtual volumes to reduce the file count could help mitigate this issue (eg: https://thelinuxexperiment.com/create-a-virtual-hard-drive-volume-within-a-file-in-linux/). It is possible though that this will lead to slower speed as with the mount, you need to download a lot until you find the portion of the virtual drive that contains your file.

Thank you!

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Local time
Jan 17, 2018
I haven't had much experience with this, but ST2 seems really awesome paired with PGDrive encrypted. The small issue of a 250k file cap seems a bit annoying. This may be unusable but creating virtual volumes to reduce the file count could help mitigate this issue (eg: https://thelinuxexperiment.com/create-a-virtual-hard-drive-volume-within-a-file-in-linux/). It is possible though that this will lead to slower speed as with the mount, you need to download a lot until you find the portion of the virtual drive that contains your file.

Thank you!
Wouldn't be a problem. You just create another team drive, mount it like tdrive2.service and add to unionfs. No one has hit the cap yet, so this is a low focus; but will be added overtime. Working other projects, but good note :D

Reactions: qowecac

qowecac

Original poster
Local time
May 26, 2018
Wouldn't be a problem. You just create another team drive, mount it like tdrive2.service and add to unionfs. No one has hit the cap yet, so this is a low focus; but will be added overtime. Working other projects, but good note :D
Ahh right that makes sense. Thank you!

Reactions: Admin9705

qowecac

Original poster
Local time
May 26, 2018
A guide to do that ?
I don't think there's any automated way of setting that up currently. As Admin mentioned, it's quite unlikely anyone would need more than that for personal use, but if that's the case for you, from my understanding this is what to do:

(based off of modified instructions from https://plexguide.com/wikis/pg-drive/)
  1. Create gdrive2 in rclone
  2. Create tdrive2 in rclone
  3. Create a copy of the deploy script, but simply replace all references to "gdrive" with "gdrive2" and all "tdrive" with "tdrive2"
I think that should be all, but I haven't tested it out.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes or if you need any help

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Local time
Jan 17, 2018
ha this happened to someone already, i mean down the road will add, but need to think of an easy automated way.

jak64950

Donor
Local time
Apr 4, 2018
Personally, I just move everything from team drive to my drive every now and then and run an rclone dedupe script. This also ensures all my media is available to Plex Cloud.

Edit: Didn't realize it was encrypted. Not sure how that would work haha

Reactions: Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Local time
Jan 17, 2018
Personally, I just move everything from team drive to my drive every now and then and run an rclone dedupe script. This also ensures all my media is available to Plex Cloud.

Edit: Didn't realize it was encrypted. Not sure how that would work haha
Do you have the rclone dedupe script. that would help. Now when you do the move, I'm assuming you into your google drive and just conduct the move. Can you post and list what you did :D

jak64950

Donor
Local time
Apr 4, 2018
Do you have the rclone dedupe script. that would help. Now when you do the move, I'm assuming you into your google drive and just conduct the move. Can you post and list what you did :D
Yeah, have to manually go into google drive and conduct a move. Tried doing a google apps script to move between team drive and main drive, but kept getting action cannot be performed with team drive.

So I move the contents of each folder in team drive to the corresponding folder in my drive and run rclone.

As for the script, nothing a quick search of rclone dedupe couldn't figure out but here is what I use:
#!/bin/bash
job_name="dedupegdrivetv.sh"
drive="gdrive:tv"
options="-v"
log_file="--log-file=(path to log file)"
if pidof -o %PPID -x "$job_name"; then
exit 1
fi
rclone dedupe $drive $log_file $options
exit

Note I have a script for each library I want to run the command for. Just change tv to movies or whatever.

Reactions: qowecac

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Maintenance Donations

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending