Radarr - Importing movies / series downloaded elsewhere - to Encrypted Google Drive (Radarr / Sonarr) | PlexGuide.com

Radarr Importing movies / series downloaded elsewhere - to Encrypted Google Drive (Radarr / Sonarr)

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

crustyakorn

Experienced
Original poster
Aug 30, 2018
My server is running Ubuntu server 16.04.1 LTS, I have latest version of PGBlitz / PlexGuide installed (8.7.5 stable).

I'm running everything on the default setup with the following:

Radarr, Sonarr, qBittorrent and Plex.
It's deployed using Google Drive Encrypted.

So a lot of times - and most of the time - downloading and importing happens automagically when I find something through public torrents via Radarr/Sonarr. But unfortunately sometimes I must find my localized content on private trackers. And I don't want to download to my server for this, as it's set up to not seed for more than 48 hours. Private trackers don't like this.

Therefore I download f.ex. 10 movies in my local language to my laptop. Now how do I proceed to get this in to the encrypted Google drive and noticed by Sonarr/Radarr? Any tips for this rookie :oops:

dan3805fly

Active
Donor
Patron
Mar 14, 2018
for now , i think the simple way is to use the cloudcmd app ( community app ) you can drag and drop to the /SERVER/mnt/move or another folder then move your file to the move folder
or maybe filezilla ( community app )

if you create the same folder name than sonarr / radarr ,they will detect it, but the files will not be processed by them ( rename )

I am also curious to know if it has a simpler way!

Reactions: 1 users

crustyakorn

Experienced
Original poster
Aug 30, 2018
Right! That's a possibility :) But like you said Radarr/Sonarr won't process the folders first, meaning renaming will be a bit of a manual labor here.

untagged Admin9705

So here's what I think is the best (manual) way so far.
I create a tmp folder in the downloads/qbittorrent folder. This isn't watched for by any scripts as far as I know therefore it won't trigger the rclone/upload process.

When file transfers are done via FileZilla and SSH transfer, rename them manually. Perhaps possible to import from a custom folder via Radarr/Sonarr?? Anyone knows?

When done with manual labor - move the folder / stuff in its entirety to the /mnt/move/movies/ f.ex. depending on what content you're uploading.

Last edited:

remserwis

Citizen+
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
Hi... I do feed my servers many ways so this is how I do it :
1) NZB through sonarr/radarr connected to Nzbget
2) forum links to servers --> Jdownloader on server (chrome plugin on my comp sends the links to server) and then manual import to sonarr/radarr from downloads/jdownloader folder. You have to add proper titles to sonarr/radarr so during manual import it recognizes movie or tv. Then it will automatically rename files and move them to your unionfs (uploads to gdrive).
3) Files locally on my comp or different location than server --> I am uploading them to Google Drive folder for ex.TEMP... using web interface or NetDrive mounted ( remember to not exceed 750GB as it's not a teamdrive trick) .
Next the same as above Add titles to sonarr/radarr and manual import pointing to unionfs/TEMP location. It will move files to proper place in movies or tv folders without uploading as it's already in the cloud.

P.S.
In sonarr/radarr Media management/advanced settings, check "Import Extra Files" and add srt, sub, idx or whatever you need to import subtitles or nfo with movie files.

I hope it will help

Reactions: 1 user

crustyakorn

Experienced
Original poster
Aug 30, 2018
@remserwis Thanks for the tips!

That's a pretty neat way to do it, by going straight to the cloud in a temp folder so you only move it from here.
For now I'm sticking to SFTP to my server (it's on my same LAN network so it goes pretty fast) then do the manual process from here.

Is there any way to "discover" these movies on the server by Radarr so it's "almost" like it came from a monitored torrent download via Radarr? This way I wouldn't have to keep manually renaming everything :coffee::giggle:

stammbraeu

Experienced+
Staff
Donor
Mar 21, 2018
concerning the private tracker part: i would suggest to add the renaming capabilities in your workflow

-> not sure how you are downloading from your private trackers but you could add tools like filebot or similar to rename the files

this would lead to "clean" local files

In turn you could use a script to move files from local folder /clean files/ to gdrive/tdrive

this way you would have an automated way

remserwis

Citizen+
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
@remserwis Thanks for the tips!

That's a pretty neat way to do it, by going straight to the cloud in a temp folder so you only move it from here.
For now I'm sticking to SFTP to my server (it's on my same LAN network so it goes pretty fast) then do the manual process from here.

Is there any way to "discover" these movies on the server by Radarr so it's "almost" like it came from a monitored torrent download via Radarr? This way I wouldn't have to keep manually renaming everything :coffee::giggle:
Renaming is done by radarr as specified in media management settings. All you have to do is to "Add movie" type in titles and add to database of radarr.... the same with sonarr tv. They will create folders in your default location and a minute later you will import your TEMP . This way your messy files will be renamed and moved to proper locations automatically.
I don't think there is a way to recognise your files by Radarr if it doesn't know what is looking for.

wepae46

Noobz
Dec 1, 2019
Sometimes Sonarr/Radarr recognize manually added (and downloaded) torrents and I can import them through the GUI; however, I haven't been able to replicate this behavior consistently.

remserwis

Citizen+
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
Sometimes Sonarr/Radarr recognize manually added (and downloaded) torrents and I can import them through the GUI; however, I haven't been able to replicate this behavior consistently.
Honestly, I don't see how it's possible unless the title is added to database. From what I see when You are importing files manually it compares file name to all your movies in database (existing and missing) and if recognised upgrades existing or filling missing. If the file has unrecognizable name you can manually match but even then you can search and choose from existing movies.

timetrex

Elite
Staff
Oct 22, 2018
I run nzbget , sonarr, radarr off the GCE instance. Main server has Plex and rutorrent installed. Most of my content comes from usenet. Rare times I will download from private trackers, tends to be more boxsets and manually move them across to my gdrive.

If I were you, I used to be s big torrent guy but since got used to usenet. Either use newsgroups on your main server or just do it on gce. Backup your apps and recover every few months.

Edrock200

MVP
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Few options here. You can install sonarrhdr and radarrhdr optional containers along with rtorrent and config rtorrent to hold for longer than 48 hours. Configure your local shows in these optional containers.

Option 2, On your local box make a folder called, call it staging. Make your movie/show folders mirror your gcrypt layout. I.e. if pg is /mnt/unionfs/tv/show1/season1 make your local folder /staging/tv/show1/season1.

Setup a script to run that moves this content to your gdrive. In pg setup a script to move from that gdrive folder to unionfs. You can skip one step by creating a gcrypt remote local and uploading direct, but you'd need plex_autoscan or Plex configured to regularly scan for new content. Your pg sonarr/radarr will pick up the new shows on their daily scans.

crustyakorn

Experienced
Original poster
Aug 30, 2018
Great tips from you all. Thanks!

There's many ways to Rome, as the saying goes. I will try out some of these if I get the chance.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending