Radarr - In case you run into this error with Sonarr/Radarr v2 path mappings...case sensitive on host name! | PlexGuide.com

Radarr In case you run into this error with Sonarr/Radarr v2 path mappings...case sensitive on host name!

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

Edrock200

MVP
Original poster
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Just in case anyone else runs into this. In Sonarr v2 and Radarr, when you do path mappings, even the host name is case sensitive, meaning if the exact case doesn't match between what the download client is telling sonarr/radarr and the path mapping, it will ignore it. I only stumbled upon this because I configured a path mapping from my phone, and for whatever reason when I started to type the host name in my phone automatically capitalized the first letter. I understand the rest of the path being case sensitive but the host name shouldn't be lol oh well, live and learn. Posting so someone else doesn't deal with the frustration I did, learn from my fail! ;-)

This doesn't apply to sonarr v3 since it creates nice drop downs to select your host from.

insanepoet

Citizen+
Staff
Donor
Jul 4, 2019
Just adding this for posterity sake though Edrock200 laid it out nicely above but remote mapping is a critical part of setting up the automation between the arr's and your downloaders. So critical as a matter of fact that there's an article about it in our wiki.

testbed

Citizen
Mar 5, 2018
Just in case anyone else runs into this. In Sonarr v2 and Radarr, when you do path mappings, even the host name is case sensitive, meaning if the exact case doesn't match between what the download client is telling sonarr/radarr and the path mapping, it will ignore it. I only stumbled upon this because I configured a path mapping from my phone, and for whatever reason when I started to type the host name in my phone automatically capitalized the first letter. I understand the rest of the path being case sensitive but the host name shouldn't be lol oh well, live and learn. Posting so someone else doesn't deal with the frustration I did, learn from my fail! ;-)

This doesn't apply to sonarr v3 since it creates nice drop downs to select your host from.
good to know on the autodrop

Edrock200

MVP
Original poster
Staff
Nov 17, 2019
Just adding this for posterity sake though Edrock200 laid it out nicely above but remote mapping is a critical part of setting up the automation between the arr's and your downloaders. So critical as a matter of fact that there's an article about it in our wiki.

I just saw the wiki, it looks awesome! I hope to be able to help in the next week or two when work settles a bit. Thanks for your hard work!

insanepoet

Citizen+
Staff
Donor
Jul 4, 2019
That page was all Admin, was simply linking it here to point folks to the resource

Reactions: 1 user

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending