install PseudoTV for Plex to make 24/7 channels and m3u | PlexGuide.com

install PseudoTV for Plex to make 24/7 channels and m3u

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

ramenbellic

Citizen
Mar 10, 2018
This looks cool! I tried it out shortly and got stuck, but this should give you a good first few steps to try to figure it out!

Bash:
sudo mkdir /opt/appdata/pseudotv/
sudo docker pull defendore/pseudotv
sudo docker run --name pseudotv -p 8000:8000 -v /opt/appdata/pseudotv:/home/node/app/.pseudotv defendore/pseudotv

# In Portainer, add pseudotv container to Plexguide network
# In Plex Settings, navigate to "Live TV & DVR" > "Setup"
# Click "Don't see your HDHomeRun device? Enter its network address manually"
# Enter ip address for pseudotv. Should be localhost:8000.
This is where I'm stuck. Not sure how to configure the xml file, Plex says its invalid.
Post automatically merged:

@diddymac I got this working!

Run this code:
Code:
sudo docker run --name pseudotv -p 8000:8000 -v /opt/appdata/pseudotv:/home/node/app/.pseudotv defendore/pseudotv
Then, you're going to want to go into Portainer and edit your Plex container so that there's a new volume pointed to /opt/appdata/psuedotv
Edit the pseudotv container so that it joins to the same network as the Plex one (plexguide), and note the IP address of the container for later.

You then need to open the ports to configure pseudotv. Once the ports are open, go to [serverip]:8000, link it to Plex, and set up your channels. Once that's done, close the ports.

Set up the Plex LiveTV DVR using [IP address of the pseudotv container]:8000, and set the XML file relative to the linked volume you set up earlier. It should successfully scan the channels and start working right away!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

oddtosser

Citizen
Donor
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you for this, with your help I've been able to get this working now. Thank you very much.

oddtosser

Citizen
Donor
Mar 24, 2020
I've tested it working on Amazon Fire Stick and Plex Web but I don't really have any devices to test.

Shedman214

Citizen
Oct 11, 2018
This looks cool! I tried it out shortly and got stuck, but this should give you a good first few steps to try to figure it out!

Bash:

# In Portainer, add pseudotv container to Plexguide network
# In Plex Settings, navigate to "Live TV & DVR" > "Setup"
# Click "Don't see your HDHomeRun device? Enter its network address manually"
# Enter ip address for pseudotv. Should be localhost:8000.
This is where I'm stuck. Not sure how to configure the xml file, Plex says its invalid.
Post automatically merged:

@diddymac I got this working!

Run this code:
Code:
Then, you're going to want to go into Portainer and edit your Plex container so that there's a new volume pointed to /opt/appdata/psuedotv
Edit the pseudotv container so that it joins to the same network as the Plex one (plexguide), and note the IP address of the container for later.

You then need to open the ports to configure pseudotv. Once the ports are open, go to [serverip]:8000, link it to Plex, and set up your channels. Once that's done, close the ports.

Set up the Plex LiveTV DVR using [IP address of the pseudotv container]:8000, and set the XML file relative to the linked volume you set up earlier. It should successfully scan the channels and start working right away!
When you say edit psuedo tv to join same netwotk as plexguide is that my local ip address

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending