Discussion - Intel IGPU (Quicksync) with docker | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Intel IGPU (Quicksync) with docker

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

ZyFinity

Active
Original poster
Nov 22, 2019
Hi, I just setup PGBLITZ on a server and this particular server comes with the UHD 630 enabled, now what i am wanting to do is use both emby and plex with docker while using the Igpu, and no this server is not a hetzner server but from another company and it seems that they allow full access to the igpu without any modification, I'm just wondering how to pass through the igpu to docker so that plex and emby can use it. (im both a docker and linux newbie)

Chrisputer

Experienced
May 25, 2018
Doesn't pass through automatically. I just switch from WholesaleInternet to Hetzner and I'm not getting the hardware accel features in Emby. Which I REALLY want to use because the QuickSync h256 is FAST!

ZyFinity

Active
Original poster
Nov 22, 2019
Update! : Im not on a hetzner server but tried the "pg hetzner igpu" under pg tools and it seems to work, only thing is that i noticed that the next day it turned off or something and i needed to restart the server and run the tool again, is this normal or some sort of bug, also my server hoster does not limit access to the igpu like hetzner they actually advertise it as a feature so i think it would be easier compared to hetzner servers.

Chrisputer

Experienced
May 25, 2018
blah. i'm on Hetzner and its not working for me in Emby. I'll have to install plex and see if its there.

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending