Discussion - Is it possible to mount a NAS share to plexguide/docker | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Is it possible to mount a NAS share to plexguide/docker

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

warhawkut

Noobz
Original poster
Nov 21, 2018
Hi,

I am new with docker and Im struggling to understand how I can mount my NAS share to docker and use it inside 3rd party apps. Can someone point me in the right direction? Or is it not possible? I have installed the HDMulti edition

Porkie

Experienced+
Staff
Aug 9, 2018
If the Nas path is visible and mounted in Ubuntu start by going to portainer and stop the container you wish to map the share/directory to. Then click the container name and select the blue button up the top duplicate/edit. Once inside go to the section near the bottom called volumes. Here is where we create a new mapping from local to container. Select and new mapping and enable the bind button and writable. The container path can be called whatever you like but make it something familiar like /nas then the host path will be set to the root folder of your nas or folder you wish top map to the container like /mnt/nasrootfolder.

Once paths are added click deploy and it will ask to replace current container say yes or replace. Then once you in the container you can navigate to your nas by cd /nas for example. Here is a image to try to help but the host path is a made up one because I do not know the path for your nas in Ubuntu.

Reactions: 1 user

warhawkut

Noobz
Original poster
Nov 21, 2018
If the Nas path is visible and mounted in Ubuntu start by going to portainer and stop the container you wish to map the share/directory to. Then click the container name and select the blue button up the top duplicate/edit. Once inside go to the section near the bottom called volumes. Here is where we create a new mapping from local to container. Select and new mapping and enable the bind button and writable. The container path can be called whatever you like but make it something familiar like /nas then the host path will be set to the root folder of your nas or folder you wish top map to the container like /mnt/nasrootfolder.

Once paths are added click deploy and it will ask to replace current container say yes or replace. Then once you in the container you can navigate to your nas by cd /nas for example. Here is a image to try to help but the host path is a made up one because I do not know the path for your nas in Ubuntu.

Worked! :D

Thank you so much!!!!

Reactions: 1 user

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending