Issue with TV Show Posters in Plex on QNAP NAS

sharkcom

Noob
Original poster
Local time
11:22 PM
Jan 5, 2020
Hello - Could someone please help me determine how to fix the missing TV Show posters in PLEX? I know how to manually "refresh metadata" under "Manage Library" but I cant figure out why a missing poster shows an old show I deleted ("Colony") rather than a blank/default plain poster. How do I fix the generic/missing poster from being this old "Colony" TV show as shown in the attached screen shot?

This is my first post as a new member to this forum and would greatly appreciate any help.

I am running PLEX v4.12.3 on QNAP TS-453be NAS.

Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

Nerosutton

Donor
Patron
Local time
12:22 AM
Dec 1, 2019
USA
You can try changing the order in which Plex looks for TV show info by going into your settings, then in the left menu bar click on Agents.
From there, your can change the order:

You might try moving Local Media Assets down one position. Just hold left click on the three horizontal lines and you can rearrange the order. Also, make sure you have the TVDB checked.
I sometimes create my own posters so if you do the same, make sure the path to the poster image file is correct.
1578375795485.png
Also, you could try the Fix Match option by clicking on the three dots in the lower right-hand corner of the TV Show poster.
1578378980088.png
The Fix Match option allows you to select what agent you want to try to match to.
Let me know if that doesn't help.

Last edited:

Edrock200

Respected Member
Local time
2:22 AM
Nov 17, 2019
No idea why the colony poster is showing up. But try the following:
Clean bundles
Empty trash
Optimize db
Turn off ipv6 support in your Plex networking settings. This helped with my missing posters. I also suspect that sites like thetvdb have API hit limits by IP. Whenever I've done a large library import or refresh I get a lot of missing posters/metadata, but it slowly fills in over the next week or so. Just make sure you have the "periodically refresh metadata" option enabled.

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.