JD2 OpenVPN Issue | PlexGuide.com

JD2 OpenVPN Issue

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

bloodray

Active
Original poster
May 2, 2019
Hi guys,

Been trying for more than an hour now. I had a normal jdownloader container which was fine except Real-Debrid had the IP banned (Hetzner server).

Thought I would install the jd2-openvpn version and use my VPN provider's open vpn config to bypass the issue. VPN provider is PIA.

Got the 2.4 OpenVPN config for linux from PIA and modified it to include the following:

# Mandatory
script-security 2
up /etc/openvpn/up.sh
down /etc/openvpn/down.sh

changed the login section to:
auth-user-pass vpn.auth

and created a vpn.auth file in the jd2-openvpn/vpn/ directory with my username and password for PIA.

the jd2-openvpn container was stopped during this. Started the container and waited. Nothing changed. No external ip file was created and the subdomain is dead.

Have tried restarting the container multiple times and it is still the same. Dead silence. I have pgshield and cloudflare ssl on but everything else is fine.

What should I do to fix this issue?

bloodray

Active
Original poster
May 2, 2019
Hi guys,

Anyone struggling with OpenVPN, please note that as an interim solution, you can use a standard jdownloader install. Go to settings at your jdownloader2.domain.com and click the Connection Manager. Add a proxy from your VPN company. Your VPN company will provide these details. SOCKS 5 is the best option and if you are with PIA you can use their NL server for this.

Hope this helps someone.

I am still searching for a solution with the openvpn 2.4 protocol as that can expand the options for the server choice so if someone can help, I would be very grateful.

x PEACE x

Reactions: 1 user

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending