Jellyfin remote connect | PlexGuide.com

Jellyfin remote connect

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

TerryTrain

Citizen+
Original poster
Apr 26, 2020
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if someone could be give me a hand please with how to get Jellfyin to remotely connect through PG. I ran it through community apps, and mapped all the drives. Locally, it is working great. Even added in the ebook section no issues. When I try and jump into it remotely though, I am running into issues. I have added the port I am using to my router and to Jellyfin network settings but it does not want to seem to connect. That is pretty much the extent of my knowledge too unfortunately..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Post automatically merged:

For anyone else trying to do this or having issues with remote connections, please try the following in Jellyfin 10.6.4:

In Jellyfin, go to Admin > Dashboard > Advanced > Networking.

Under the Networking tab replace:
  1. 'Server Address Settings' > Local HTTPS port number to '9096'.
  2. 'Remote Access Settings' > Public HTTPS port number to '9096'.
If applicable: In your router settings, set up a port forwarding rule for Jellyfin to port '9096' WAN/LAN. Depends on router model.

You should then be able to connect to Jellyfin remotely when using cellular data or other networks outside your own by directing to your WAN IP address followed by the port number eg 127.0.0.1:9096. This will work in a remote connection via the Jellyfin apps as well.

Last edited:

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending