vpatel9202

Original poster
Local time
9:33 PM
Sep 22, 2018
PG Version
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
I'm not sure what's going on but I just finished setting up PGBlitz a second time after doing a complete Ubuntu reinstall on my Hetzner and ran into the same issue that caused me to have to go through all of that again: I can no longer access the box via SSH. I have to assume it has to do with pgshield or ports being closed, but I can't be sure since there's no way for me to access and test anything. My other option is to request KVM from Hetzner and see if I can figure it out that way, but I'm wondering if anyone has already had this issue and figured out what the problem is so I can save myself some time.

FWIW, the box works fine once I finish the complete install until I reboot, at which point it becomes inaccessible by SSH. If it matters, I have phshield/oauth setup and my domain provider is cloudflare (although I understand SSH has nothing to do with that, so I'm not sure how much info that gives you). I can also still access all the apps and portainer shows that all containers are up and running with no errors in the logs.

Reactions: mackattack57
M

MrDoob

Cloudflare only proxies HTTP traffic. If you need to connect to your origin using another protocol (SSH, FTP, SMTP, etc.) you need to do so using a record that does not have Cloudflare enabled in the DNS settings (grey cloud) or by connecting directly to the origin server's IP address.

Examples:

$ [email protected]

please never use ssh.TLD .!!! use cryptet A Records -!-!-!-

mackattack57

Local time
Apr 14, 2019
Cloudflare only proxies HTTP traffic. If you need to connect to your origin using another protocol (SSH, FTP, SMTP, etc.) you need to do so using a record that does not have Cloudflare enabled in the DNS settings (grey cloud) or by connecting directly to the origin server's IP address.

Examples:

$ [email protected]

please never use ssh.TLD .!!! use cryptet A Records -!-!-!-
I am having the same issue after deployment. I tried ssh.domain.com as well. I am not sure what I did wrong. I didn't block the OpenSSH port with UFW either. Any ideas? I believe I might need to wipe it clean and start over if I did something wrong in setup. I ran into this after a restart trying to get Radarr to deploy properly. Thank you.

mackattack57

Local time
Apr 14, 2019
@mackattack57

this one must be not used with the orange CLOUD !
I didn't have orange cloud on but this resolved itself for some reason. I am not sure why I was not able to login for a couple of hours. It kept rejecting my Key so I tried password based login on a different user. That worked on the third try. I tried to reconnect with key after that and that succeeded. I am not sure why that process worked it out but it did.

mackattack57

Local time
Apr 14, 2019
I think I just had something fouled up after install. I did a reboot again and it didn't happen so I must have triggered fail2ban somehow. Not sure what I did but it seems to be the culprit. Thanks for being around though. I wonder if that is what happened to original poster and didn't pull a me and just get mad and walk away from it for a few hours to give it time. Either way, thanks again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.