Original poster
Local time
2:36 AM
May 2, 2018
Mount Type
Move Unencrypted
Server Type
Remote - Dedicated Server
I've been waiting to update my ancient v6.x install to a newer version of PG for a while now and was waiting on the release of v9. But today the unthinkable has happened and my server has died. Now I need to reinstall PG and will go for the current release, however, none of the old legacy update links work anymore.

Does anyone have advice on the best way to restore Plex, Radarr and Sonarr as I believe many file paths changed as part of the many updates? I perform daily backups of the data (but not the whole server) so I can get to all of that. I'm happy to change from Move to Blitz, though I don't think I get near the upload limit at the moment.

Armin

Staff
Local time
9:36 PM
Mar 28, 2018
use to /unionfs was main but now in last stable 8.7.5 using /mnt/unionfs
I did end up start from scratch for plex and emby but I did transfer my back up for radarr and sonarr and change the path from those app

DevDoodle

Original poster
Local time
2:36 AM
May 2, 2018
I've now installed 8.7.5, but when I install and restore plex I find that plex can't find the server. Instead, it creates a new server which needs to be claimed. I assume this is path related, but I don't know what I need to change in the backup to resolve it.

I don't really want to rescan or lose my personal collections, but mainly I don't want to lose all of my watch statuses!
Post automatically merged:

OK, so if anyone finds this thread, after I’d removed and reinstalled Plex, I restored Plex from the backup. The backup was placed in a /opt/appdata/plex folder within the /opt/appdata/plex folder, so the backup was in /opt/appdata/plex/opt/appdata/plex.
I stopped plex in portainer, and moved the backup into the correct place. Then I restarted the container and Plex found the server.
To solve the path change, I added the new paths to my existing libraries, did a scan which meant most content ended up as 2 versions, then removed the old path. All of my users have retained their watch statuses as at the time of the backup, and only the date added for content has been lost.
For other services like sonarr, they also backed up to the wrong place, so I did the same process as I did for Plex and they are all up and running and working again too.
Really pleased with how the PG ecosystem worked for me after I had a disaster, and now I’m all up to date with less than 24 hours downtime.

Last edited:

Armin

Staff
Local time
9:36 PM
Mar 28, 2018
thats whats happened to all of us on last update :)
as I said I did end up did scan from scratch on my plex and emby but I did change path in sonarr and radarr .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.