Intro - Long time Plex user, only found this forum 2 days ago! | PlexGuide.com

Intro Long time Plex user, only found this forum 2 days ago!

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now
Assists Greatly with Development Costs

jjnz123

PG First Class
Original poster
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
Hey folks, great to be here. I am amazed at the quality of videos and guides and the forum in general! And I have only explored for a few hours! Sorry, mind blown - I have been using Plex for a long time on multiple iterations Freenas, Ubuntu and Server2016 and never knew this community existed.

I was also about to splash out on 4x 12TB drives to replace my 4TB drives, (and compliment my 8TBs) which are coming up 5 years old next year. I am now thinking of using my g suite account as storage, I just need to confirm throughput from T Drive to my NZ on prem Plex server.

I am also in the process of migrating my Plex from windows Server to Ubuntu, in preparation for a Nvidia 1660 GPU (looks like drivers for Win server are a challenge).

Great work everyone. Especially @Admin9705

Now that I have read a few hours (dangerous I know) I am going to aim for:

GCE
Radarr/Sonarr/SABNZBD (migrated from on prem)
OMBI (new - first impressions this looks awesome)
T Drive integration

On Prem
My server below plus:
Nvidia 1660 GPU with unlimited patch
T Drive integration
Decommission most pool storage(eventually)
Use some pool storage as cache for T Drive (for newest, most used media)

Thanks!

JJNZ123
Currently running:
Esxi 6.7 server running Freenas, Ubuntu, PFsense, WindowsServer2016
I7-6700
32GB
500GB SSD
48TB across multiple pools
1000/500Mbps FTTH
12 Plex users, Tautulli

ZyFinity

PG First Sergeant
Nov 22, 2019
Just letting you know that if you are on NZ home hosted server you will need to tinker a bit with your rclone as you will only get about 80 - 90MB/s down from google and I've noticed that the upload speeds are never as good once the whole process is going (usually about 100mbit's per stream which may sound good but I'm aiming for a lot higher so people can easily stream 4k)

Reactions: jjnz123

jjnz123

PG First Class
Original poster
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
@ZyFinity thanks for the tip. I seem to be getting around 450-550Mbps upload to T Drive, Haven't yet tried out downloading/streaming into Plex from T drive yet. What kind of rclone settings are you talking about?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
@jjnz123 welcome to the site. my obsession is now your obsession! j/k, welcome :D

vFlagR

PG 2nd Lieutenant
Staff
Aug 27, 2018
Welcome!

Let us know how you get on and if we can help :)

Hope you don't waste _too_ much time like we have haha.

-vFlagR

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending