looking for a decent dedi server... with ($40.00 US dlls)

Assists Greatly with Development Costs

dishjuarez

Respected Member
Original poster
Local time
11:21 AM
Apr 24, 2018
hello good morning, the truth is I feel very disappointed, I have tried countless services of dedicated servers and none works decently in terms of livetv, I'm in texas step and I'm looking for a service for only 30 users without bandwidth limit or failing that with a minimum of 50 TB of bandwidth, any suggestions? I can't pay more than 40 dlls per month

UncleBuck

Staff
Local time
12:21 PM
Dec 21, 2018
Houston, TX
I don't think you will find what you want. I have tried a bunch as well and paid much more than $30 and none worked as well as Hetzner. I live in the Houston area and have my Hetzner setup working very well. You can get the EX-42 for $34 Euro ($37) a month. When setup through Cloudflare it works really well. If you decide to go this route choose the Germany location as those servers seem to work better. If you need help with your Cloudflare setup let me know.

Reactions: dishjuarez

Vexilar

Local time
Jun 10, 2019
39 euro for me, Finland one is 34 euro but I’ve never had any luck on the fin servers. However he is correct, German ex-42 with cloudflare and google drive is my setup and it works flawlessly. I share with quite a few friends and have over 275tb

Last edited:
Reactions: Hitsville

UncleBuck

Staff
Local time
12:21 PM
Dec 21, 2018
Houston, TX
That's what I saw from the front screen but I now realize that if you try and order and select Germany it goes up to 39 euro. And I agree, stay away from the Fin servers.

dishjuarez

Respected Member
Original poster
Local time
Apr 24, 2018
I don't think you will find what you want. I have tried a bunch as well and paid much more than $30 and none worked as well as Hetzner. I live in the Houston area and have my Hetzner setup working very well. You can get the EX-42 for $34 Euro ($37) a month. When setup through Cloudflare it works really well. If you decide to go this route choose the Germany location as those servers seem to work better. If you need help with your Cloudflare setup let me know.
Hi friend, please help me set up cloudflare

redlineryan

Local time
10:21 AM
Feb 25, 2018
Had a server that was around $40 my new one is $48 through so you start in Canada works good for me being on the west coast

Reactions: dishjuarez

Hitsville

Donor
Local time
6:21 PM
Oct 25, 2018
I second hetzner.

A 1246v3 server auction rig can pull this off and its around 30$.

I actually went with the I7 which wasn't much more expensive purely for the basic Hardware Acceleration in Plex. I was never 100% if the Xeon v3's were capable. Though I'm sure I read the v5's were.

Tsunayoshi

Local time
11:51 PM
Sep 30, 2019
Tortuga
I actually went with the I7 which wasn't much more expensive purely for the basic Hardware Acceleration in Plex. I was never 100% if the Xeon v3's were capable. Though I'm sure I read the v5's were.
1246v3 is the most dollar to cpu efficient rig on hetzner.
I dont think a processor would be much of an issue here.

Also note: hetzner charges no cost if you cancel within first 13 days.

Hitsville

Donor
Local time
6:21 PM
Oct 25, 2018
1246v3 is the most dollar to cpu efficient rig on hetzner.
I dont think a processor would be much of an issue here.
Well I long since past caring about CPU scores in most cases. I prefer multiple transcodes with minimal CPU usage in HW acceleration.
Though for x265 etc, the scenario changes.

[/QUOTE]
Also note: hetzner charges no cost if you cancel within first 13 days.
[/QUOTE]

I'm way past that stage after 5 years using them. ;)

Seaberry

Local time
7:21 PM
Jun 28, 2019
hello good morning, the truth is I feel very disappointed, I have tried countless services of dedicated servers and none works decently in terms of livetv, I'm in texas step and I'm looking for a service for only 30 users without bandwidth limit or failing that with a minimum of 50 TB of bandwidth, any suggestions? I can't pay more than 40 dlls per month
What about https://www.kimsufi.com/en ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.