Discussion - Losing your media on Gsuite | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Losing your media on Gsuite

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

samodftw

PG Sergeant
Original poster
Feb 24, 2019
Hey guys I'm new around here and I wanna applaud you guys for taking the time to make this program. The idea of running a Cloud media server was so attractive to me so I started my own. After long nights tinkering around .(I'm basically new to Linux Os which I'm starting to really like and understand why its so powerful) I finally was able to deploy a server running without problems. (thanks guys for the well written guides and videos, and the fast answers here on the forums). The cloud has its advantages and risks. Now that got me wondering. What are the chances that google terminate your Gsuite account and losing all your data. Is there any way to protect from that aside from downloading the media

• Roast
Reactions: Admin9705

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
  1. don't share your account
  2. don't share your account

and....

3. don't share your account and you will be ok :D

samodftw

PG Sergeant
Original poster
Feb 24, 2019
what do you mean don't share your account? Sharing media with my users through Plex is okay? (I mean that was the goal for me)
If by sharing account you mean the Gsuit account then no that's an idea that never crossed my mind. ( thanks for the heads up though).

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
nope, just sharing your gmail account in general. other than that, you'll be good. if you don't get a reason to get targeted, you'll be fine :D

Datamonkeh

Data Hoarding Primate
Staff
Donor
Jan 20, 2018
I don't recall hearing of anyone who didn't publicly share links loosing an account, if you are concerned, encrypt.

Reactions: samodftw

fa99x24

PG First Sergeant
May 17, 2019
Sorry to resurrect an old thread...would using nextcloud and sharing out "nextcloud-links" count as "giving out links" to the gdrive?

Admin9705

Administrator
Project Manager
Jan 17, 2018
Not really. It's just a matter of someone reporting it, which would be unknown to google but someone could complain to the host ip address

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending