Discussion - Move Error when using symlink ( Can't follow symlink without -L/--copy-links ) | PlexGuide.com

Discussion Move Error when using symlink ( Can't follow symlink without -L/--copy-links )

• Stop using Chrome! Download the Brave Browser via >>> [Brave.com]
    It's a forked version of Chrome with native ad-blockers and Google's spyware stripped out! Download for Mac, Windows, Android, and Linux!
Welcome to the PlexGuide.com
Serving the Community since 2016!
Register Now

datZ

Citizen
Original poster
Feb 27, 2018
I am trying to add some symlink to my move folder. But I get the following error:
Can't follow symlink without -L/--copy-links

Which script do I need to edit to add -L ?

Reason for doing this:
I like to have new releases stay on my HDD until my HDD get to a certain point of full or when I deem them old and archivable. I have roughly 20TB on my unraid server.
Right now I have been just moving files from my unraid server to a archive VM that has /move for archiving manually. I would like to just mount these drives to this VM to eliminate the unneeded transfer to the VM.
Current proccess: Mount folder to archive VM, Copy files to /move folder on archive. Wait for 750GB to transfer to VM and then /move script starts once files start moving.
Ideally I would like to just mount the folder that I want to start archiving and let my VM transfer from the unraid drive to gdrive.

bigdork

Citizen+
Aug 20, 2019
+1 for a solution to "Which script do I need to edit" although for more pedestrian reasons. (I symlink the files for movies spawning from TV shows (ie: Deadwood, Entourage, etc) to the TVShow/Specials/ folder).

Recommend NewsGroups

Up To a 58% Discount!

Trending